You are a feminine colt on the run from an abusive history. Can you survive in the world with hunters at your back?
Total Quest Duration:4 years, 9 months, 9 daysTotal Word Count:492,770Total Quest Posts:1081/2539
Avg Thread Duration: 8 days, 7 hours, 57 minutesAvg Word Count:4,928Avg Thread Posts:25
Current Thread Duration:10 days, 2 hours, 48 minutesCurrent Word Count:6,926Current Thread Posts:33
Total Threads:100

2016-10-11 03:15:16 No. 28632191
Archive - https://www.anonpone.com/coltquest/
Inventory & Spells - http://pastebin.com/D5PzFgGv

Previous Thread...

>Emerald speaks with Nishan, and she tells him about some of his preparation.
>Emerald goes back inside and speaks with Loupe, and though she opens up a bit to him it's clear she is still not feeling 100%.
>The thread hits it's anniversary so I dick around for a bit and do requests.
>The party heads off to the hive.
>Joyride takes them down the cliffside to the hive in a magical bubble.
>They get close, and Joyride takes Emerald over to the side, and after pouring some semen on his head and giving him some advice she takes off.
>Emerald "distracts" the wasps for a while.
>Joyride and Ruby reappear and rescue Emerald from his distraction and make it to a cave where they are safe for now.

Story continued in next post...

2016-10-11 03:28:49 No. 28632335
>>28632191

Emerald asks what happened in the hive.

"Oh, I cut a whole in the side of the hive away from you and went in." Joyride starts, placing a backpack behind her and leaning against it, "Harder than I thought. I don't know what those wasps put in their paper walls but it's like steel. Anyway the halls were pretty empty. I'm guessing that was because of you. Loupe lead us pretty well to the center of the hive, but we had one wrong turn, and that's where Ruby made her debut."

Ruby sticks her tongue out at Joyride, and the unicorn grins back, "Anyway, there were some wasps there that we didn't see, and they almost kidnapped Ruby. Our little tussle there alerted the hive though, so we had to make a quick run to the queen's chambers."

"Man, you should have seen the soldier wasps." Ruby says, spreading her forelegs wide to indicate their size, "They looked like proper wasps, not the weird ones. And they were big, like, bigger than... Than uh, than a market stall! Apparently they were super poisonous too, and they could launch their stingers!"

Ruby then indicated this by throwing a punch and making a whooshing noise.

"Anyway, Nishan and I fought them off while Loupe and Ruby here gathered the jelly, and then we booked it out of there. We got separated though because the fighting caused a small part of the hive to cave-in. We made plans to meet up, and then we found you." Joyride says.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-11 04:46:53 No. 28633049
>>28632420
>>28632463
>>28632473
>>28632813
>>28632661
>>28632898

Emerald asks why Joyride didn't tell him that the wasps were sapient.

"I dunno. Never said they weren't sapient, did I?" Joyride says with a shrug.

Emerald asks what Joyride is going to do if Nishan and Loupe didn't make it out of the hive.

"I'm sure they are fine. They are experienced guides. I'm the one hauling around two kids in a place I don't know anything about." Joyride says, shrugging again and messing up Emerald's hair.

Emerald flattens his mane and then asks how they are going to check if the coast is clear.

"I dunno. We should probably just wait until tomorrow or something. I don't think giant jungle wasps are that smart, or at least, I don't think that particular hive was. They'll probably forget about us soon enough." Joyride says with a grin.

Emerald asks if they can just teleport to the town they are meeting Nishan and Loupe.

"Nah, I'd have had to of visited it before, or at the very least someone would have had to drop a beacon there for me to teleport too."

Emerald asks if she could tunnel up through the rock or something.

"Hmm. I suppose I could try..." Joyride says, making it rather clear that she really doesn't want to, "But don't blame me if the whole ridge collapses on us. I ain't no miner, or architect, or engineer or whoever builds mines."

Joyride stands up and points her horn at the wall, but Ruby jumps up in front of her and says,

"Whoa! Hey, err... Maybe we can think of something else? Something less likely to drop tons of rocks on our head?"

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-11 05:40:49 No. 28633544
>>28633102
>>28633102
>>28633201
>>28633206
>>28633238

Emerald remembers the honey he stored away, and pulls it out and asks if it can be used for anything.

"Hey there, nice find lil' perv! You could make a few charm potions out of that honey, if you could find or buy the other ingredients." Joyride then shrugs at it and says, "Or you could eat it. It's up to you."

Emerald plops down next to Joyride, deciding to sit and wait the wasps out. Ruby joins them, and they all huddle for warmth.

The colt asks about the demon in his amulet, now that he knows it's called the chronodaemon.

"You know how there are pyrodaemons and cryodaemons? Well there are no chronodaemons, as in plural. It's the only one, and it controls time at will. He could kill you, go into the past before he did that, and then kill you again all he wants and you would never even realize it. He could go so far back that he could find your ancestors and kill them so that you wouldn't even exist. But guess what?" Joyride says, suddenly looking a little serious, "Lil' Perv. Emerald. Are you listening? Because that isn't even the scary part. The scary part is that a demon that powerful and with those sort of abilities could never be bound to something like your amulet with any sort of magic that I can think of. It means he WANTS to be there. That more than anything concerns me."

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-11 06:29:45 No. 28633973
>>28633632
>>28633688
>>28633701
>>28633716
>>28633841

Emerald asks but why is it there, why him?

"Dunno lil' Perv. Just lucky I guess. Maybe it's into boy sluts?" Joyride says, giving a small smirk.

Emerald says that Pip mentioned he was a really corrupt pony. Is it because of the demon?

"Could be? I mean, I'm not going to say you are a pure, innocent little foal. Maybe it was the demon, maybe that's just who you are? Who knows?" Joyride says with a shrug.

Emerald draws the symbol he saw on the tower floor of his step parent's castle and asks Joyride if they were trying to summon it.

"I would assume so. That's pretty silly if they were trying though. You don't 'summon' a demon that powerful. You invite him and if you're lucky he doesn't squash you when he gets there." Joyride says, smirking again.

Emerald asks if the honey is safe to eat, as Nishan had some concerns about it.

"It's completely safe to eat. It's quite healthy for you actually. That and a very powerful aphrodisiac. Can last for hours." Joyride says grinning.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-12 04:36:20 No. 28640558
>>28634189
>>28634221
>>28636199
>>28637445
>>28638002
>>28639262
>>28640116
>>28640270

Emerald tries to remember if maybe his step parents found a way to harvest the chronodaemons power, but he can't think of any time they've might of done it. The locket pretty much hasn't been out of his possession since he got it. Not for very long at least.

Or worse, maybe it was his true parents that got the chronodaemon in the amulet. If it was, who even were they to accomplish such a feat?

Emerald thinks that he should try to have a conversation with the demon. After all, it couldn't hurt anything to try. Or he guesses it could, but according to Joyride he might not even realize it's happening anyway.

Emerald then realizes he is carrying a certain weight with him, and quickly calls out the word "banana".

There is a soft clang as the ring around his genitals hits the floor, having falling off.

"I'll be taking that!" Joyride says quickly, darting over to the ring and scooping it up.

"Did you just poop out jewelry?" Ruby asks with a raised eyebrow.

Emerald quickly switches the question and asks what the other ingredients to the charm potion are.

"Some cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, chocolate from a tree that two lovers committed a double suicide under, and some Ogogoro." Joyride says, listing them off while dusting off her mantle.

"What the heck is Ogogoro?" Ruby says, plopping next to Joyride and sharing the backpack pillow with her.

"It's a type of alcohol made in the west part of the Zebralands. It's made out of some sort of palm tree, I dunno. Tastes fine I guess." Joyride says with a shrug.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-12 06:01:37 No. 28641110
>>28640735

Nice.

>>28640570
>>28640574
>>28640647
>>28640691
>>28640615
>>28640632
>>28640670
>>28640694
>>28640962

Emerald checks his pack for food and water. He doesn't have any himself, but he is sure that Joyride does. He even asks just to make sure.

"Huh? Oh, I guess I have some yeah. Most of it is in the house though." Joyride says.

"We aren't going to set up the house in here are we...?" Ruby says, looking around at the cave.

"Nah, too small. I really should get just a regular tent or something shouldn't I?" Joyride says, scratching the back of her head.

Emerald asks if demons are concerned about anything other than obtaining power, and also asks what other kinds of demons there are.

"Why you asking me? Ask Pip." Joyride says, leaning back further and closing her eyes.

Emerald takes out the demon's book and unlatches the locks.

Pip pops out of the book with a sigh of relief and looks around.

"Huh. Where are we?"

Emerald says that they are hiding for the moment, and asks her if demons are obsessed with anything more than obtaining power.

"Wha- that's pretty racist, Emerald. I mean it's mostly true, but ever demon is an individual. Some just want to be left alone. Some just want love. Others just want a good show, or to mess with people." Pip says giggling.

"Which one are you." Ruby asks aggressively.

Pip sticks out her tongue in response, and Emerald asks what kind of demons there are.

"Oh all sorts! There are pyrodaemons like me. There are cryodaemons... Those guys are no good, trust me. Lot's of demons based on the elements. Oh! And lot's based on animals as well... Hmm... Corprodaemons. You don't want to know what those guys are." Pip says laughing out loud and wagging a hoof dismissively.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-13 12:26:24 No. 28646005
>>28641169
>>28641175
>>28641257
>>28641321
>>28641308
>>28641373
>>28641404
>>28641530

Emerald asks what a coprodaemon is out of curiosity.

Pip giggles and says, "It's a poop demon! If you ever run into one though make sure not to insult them. Even if you win the fight you'll probably stink for a month at least!"

"Gross, something like that exists...?" Ruby says with a disgusted frown.

"There is pretty much demons for everything." Pip replies back.

Emerald asks if a pony can become a demon.

"Yeah! It's happened before. Like, once." Pip says, tapping her chin in thought while she slowly rolls in the air.

Emerald asks what is going to happen to his soul since it was claimed by the Chronodaemon.

"I dunno. Whatever he wants to do with it really." Pipadeaxkor says unconcerned, floating above the three ponies.

Emerald asks what the Chronodaemon could possibly want from a colt like himself.

"Pfft, the machinations of his mind are an enigma." Pip says with a sigh and a starry-eyed look.

Emerald also asks what made Nishan's soul so special. Maybe that has something to do with why the Chronodaemon would want his.

"She is pure of heart, honest, determined, and strong. All of these transfer to her soul, which makes it a very attractive target." Pip says, her mouth watering slightly.

"Why though?" Ruby asks, looking up at the demon, "Why do those particular traits make it worthwhile?"

"I dunno. Why is the sky blue?" Pip says with a shrug.

Emerald explains that it's the molecules in the air scattering the blue light and-

Pipadeaxkor waves her arms and says, "Argh, you know what I mean!"

Emerald isn't sure he does, but he doesn't push it further.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-13 08:15:35 No. 28648788
>>28646431
>>28646575
>>28647783
>>28646546
>>28646758
>>28648324

Emerald asks what exactly a demon does with the souls it captures.

"Oh all sorts of things! You can eat'em, which other than being tasty actually increases a demon's strength! You can also use them as currency, infuse them into weapons or other objects to enchant them, use them for spells... Heck, the underworld itself is built mostly out of soul's that have been carefully absorbed into the environment! I think it took... Hmm... Roughly three or four hundred to make my little house I have down there." Pip says happily, "I hope there isn't anyone squatting in it."

Emerald asks if there is a way to sever the bound between the chronodaemon and himself.

"Maybe? I don't know. If it really doesn't want to be around you it could find a way, and if it wants to stay with you it doesn't really matter what you do does it? He could just reverse time and make sure you didn't sever the bond with him." Pip says.

Emerald shifts a little to get more comfortable and then asks what the pony who turned into the demon's name was.

Pip wags a hoof at the colt and says, "I'm not telling you a demon's true name you crafty lil' boy! Especially not with someone like Joyride around. he is known in some circles as the 'Cleansing Flame' though."

Emerald then asks what she sees in Joyride and Ruby's soul.

"Joyride's is one of the most corrupt I've seen!" She says, giving a nod to Joyride, who nods happily back, "As for your friend, hers is still pretty pure... But it's on a thin edge at the moment. She could easily teeter into corruption with the right push!"

Emerald looks over to Ruby, who seems to have fallen asleep against the backpack. She is hugging one of Joyride's arms, and she looks innocent enough at the moment.

Hopefully that won't ever change.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-13 09:18:52 No. 28649179
>>28648835
>>28648856
>>28648867
>>28648885
>>28648896
>>28648902
>>28648904

(Last for the night. Sorry for the lack of updates. My friend's wedding is soon. Went to rehersals today, got the bachelor's party tomorrow, and the actual wedding on Sunday, so we'll see how much I update in the next few days.)

Emerald asks how the pony became a demon.

"Dunno." Pip says with a shrug, "I wasn't there, and you can be certainly that he wasn't going to tell anyone how he did it. If he did, I doubt any of them are still alive."

Emerald asks how corrupt his own soul is.

"Pretty corrupt. Not surprised though, considering you hang around with Joyride, and also your past." Pip says, swirling around a bit.

Emerald asks if there is a way to un-corrupt a soul.

"Yup! I mean usually when you go too far down purity or corruption you find it hard to head the other way. It's usually not in your personality to do so at that point, but anyone can turn around given the right circumstances." Pip says beaming.

The colt then asks what it means to be corrupt or pure. It doesn't sound like she is speaking about good or evil to him.

"Hmm... Well it can't really be explained that easily. A good way to tell though is someone's motivations, dreams, and actions. Well, taking you for instance, revenge is a rather corrupt thing. It's inherently selfish, and it's very easy to get blinded by it. You can also unintentionally hurt people on your pursuit." Pip says, obviously struggling to make sense of her words.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-14 11:04:16 No. 28652432
>>28649195
>>28649233
>>28649275
>>28649278
>>28649343
>>28649424
>>28649975
>>28650188
>>28650825
>>28650828
>>28652005

Emerald is a little incensed by these words, and makes it clear that his step parents did horrible things to him, and to other people as well probably. Morally taking them down is the right thing to do.

"Yes, but your intentions aren't pure. It's a vendetta. That kind of thing tarnishes your soul. And what would you sacrifice to get your step-parents? Or perhaps I should say, who?" Pip says, crossing her arms and looking down at Emerald.

Emerald, unsure of what to say next asks how she even knows all this about him.

"Joyride told me." She responds with a wide smile at Joyride, who smiles back.

Emerald asks, perhaps a bit meaner than he meant to, If having corruption makes a soul less tasty to demons, does that mean they don't want her soul? Is that why she can live so long?

"Well a corrupt soul is better than no soul at all." Pip says with a shrug, "And I don't know anything about why Joyride can live so long. Why don't you ask her."

The colt turns to Joyride, who gives him a grin that tells him she won't do any sort of thing. Emerald rolls his eyes, and changing the subject asks if demons can change appearances.

"Yup! I can be whatever! I kinda like the pony form, but I could be something else! Changing form is pretty easy for demons as strong as me." Pip says haughtily.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-14 03:53:36 No. 28654254
>>28652622
>>28652634
>>28652868
>>28653210
>>28653276
>>28653783
>>28653799
>>28653846
>>28653853
>>28654082

Emerald asks Pip if she can look like Joyride, or like himself.

"Yeah, but you already look like you, so why would I want to look like you?" Pip says giggling, "I'd just look like her anyway. I wouldn't know how to cast spells like her or have her cloak or anything."

Emerald turns to Joyride and asks if he'll get a cloak like that someday.

"Yeah, sure... Someday..." Joyride says dismissively.

Emerald hops up and looks around for something to make a fire with. It isn't exactly cold at the moment, but it could become so later. He wanders tot he edge of the cave and peaks outside. There aren't any wasps, but he isn't going to tempt fate by going out.

Emerald plops back down next to Joyride and snuggles up to her. He starts to think about his parents and what he remembers, but it's all mostly a hazy fog. He wasn't very old when they died, and he only remembers brief snatches of their voices. As he reminisces he begins to fall asleep...

---

"Emerald, get up! Up!" Joyride says with a sharp whisper.

Emerald sits bolt upright and looks around.

Joyride is standing and staring at the entrance to the cave. Ruby isn't anywhere to be seen at first, but he spots her sitting a little ways back and hiding near the a cave wall.

There is a lot of buzzing and commotion coming from outside. Among the noise Emerald can hear voices. They are clearly speaking in pony, but Emerald can't make out what they are saying.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-14 07:55:01 No. 28656608
>>28654306
>>28654545
>>28654554
>>28654628
>>28654631
>>28656047
>>28656151

(Last for the night.)

Emerald whispers to the unicorn, asking what is going on.

"I'm not sure myself. Just get ready." Joyride says, not taking her eyes off the entrance.

Emerald attempts to listen harder, just to see if he can tell what is going on.

>Perception Check 14, Boosted
>5+4+3+3 = 15
>Passed

Emerald still can't quite make out what the pony voices are saying, but he can hear three distinct voices. Two mares and one stallion. He isn't sure exactly what is going on, but it sounds like the buzzing is getting closer rather quickly.

Emerald pulls out his focus and one of his sticky potions and asks if Joyride could whip up an illusion or something to hide them.

"Possi-" She starts, but just as she does wasps start flooding through the cave entrance. Joyride and Emerald start blasting away, disabling and knocking out many of the wasps as they fly in. Emerald also chucks a sticky potion at the door, binding many of the black and yellow monsters together. Most of the wasps don't seem to be paying attention to the two ponies however... They seem to be fleeing from something behind them.

Even with that though his and Joyride's combined efforts some of wasps are still making it in. Even worse, Emerald sees a few of the giant soldier wasps that Ruby mentioned earlier.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-15 04:12:42 No. 28663729
>>28656688
>>28656713
>>28657128
>>28657139
>>28657181
>>28657195
>>28657282
>>28657295
>>28657316

Emerald throws another sticky potion while him and the unicorn continue blasting away. The entrance is clogged with wasp bodies now, and they seem to have stopped the flow of black and yellow bodies through the cave entrance.

Emerald realizes that the voices are probably the three Order members they left back at the Ponycare camp. Emerald relays this to Joyride, who says,

"Tsk, you sure you heard three voices? How'd they find us?"

She then looks at Emerald and Ruby with a disdainful face. It's clear that she doesn't think she can handle them with the two foals around.

Emerald nods, and asks if there is a way they can get them out of here, like with her teleportation or with her ability to travel dimensions.

"Already ahead of you, lil' perv." Joyride says, and Emerald notices that she has pulled out her keys, "I need to concentrate. Think you are crafty enough to keep them at bay for a few moments?"

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-16 11:54:08 No. 28670608
>>28663771
>>28663868
>>28663953
>>28663997
>>28664251
>>28664261
>>28664271
>>28664342
>>28666625
>>28667158
>>28668303

Emerald says he'll do it. He asks where they are going though.

Joyride doesn't respond to this. Instead seems to be whispering something with her eyes closed and holding the keys up.

He takes out one of his slippery potions and smashes it near the entrance to the cave, around where one might get to once they step over the bodies of the wasps.

He then targets one of the wasps and cast a cloud of smoke over them. Very quickly afterwards he does a push spell towards the cloud, causing all the smoke to billow out of the cave.

He thinks he hears some coughing sounds coming from the other side of the smoke and readies his focus.

Emerald hears a second cry much closer, and looks around in confusion, only to see the puddle of slippery potion on the floor splash a bit. Small flecks of it are flying around, and Emerald comes to the realization that the two ponies are probably invisible again.

Emearld aims a magic missile at the dark corridor before him, and it seems to bounce off of nothing, with only a snarl of annoyance from one of them. Emerald thinks a little harder, and then does a push spell towards the slippery potion.

He hears cries of panic from the invisible intruders, and from the way the environment scatters and shifts, Emerald is quite sure he pushed the now slippery Order members straight out of the cave that they came in.

"Okay, got it! Let's get out of here!" Joyride says.

Emerald turns around to see some sort of purplish portal suspended in the air. The unicorn hops through it.Emerald jumps through it, and Ruby follows close behind.

Emerald slows down for a moment, only to hear Joyride, who's voice is coming out of a very strange looking creature, say,

"Not done yet lil' perv, come on!"

They jump through several more portals before coming to a stop at a rather serene beach.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-17 05:47:58 No. 28679971
>>28670631
>>28670730
>>28670742
>>28670761
>>28670774
>>28670985
>>28671062
>>28671105
>>28671525
>>28672135
>>28679821

Emerald takes a deep breath. Now that the adrenaline has died down a bit he feels the fatigue set in from all the spells he cast. As he sits he watches a crab scuttle by, and listens to the soft flow of the waves against the warm, sandy beach.

It really is quite peaceful here.

Ruby grabs a small, flat rock, and throws it at the water, causing it to skip at least seven or eight times.

"Heh, still got it!" Ruby says, looking for more rocks.

Joyride approaches and Emerald and sits next to him. The foal asks where they are.

"I dunno. Just looked for dimensions we could go to and this one looked nice and out of the way. We'll rest here a bit and then walk along the beach until we can find a nice place to get back in away from where Uictoria was." Joyride says with a nod.

"Can't you just bring us back in near the city where Loupe and Nishan are?" Ruby says, throwing another stone.

"Nope. You can't use the portals in that way. Where we are now is where the cave we were in before was in this dimension. If we wanted to go to the city, we'd need to walk to where it is in our dimension and then portal back in."

Emerald asks how the Order members managed to find them. He asks if maybe there is some sort of tracking spell on them, or if they got the information out of Hope.

"Hmm, I suppose it's possible they got it out of Hope, but not likely. Nishan felt we were being followed pretty much the whole way out of the camp. They wouldn't of had time to interrogate her. I think some sort of tracking spell or device is more likely." Joyride shifts slightly towards Ruby and calls her over. She then says, "You can't cast a tracking spell on a person. It would have had to of been on an inanimate object. Did they give you guys anything? Or perhaps slip something into your pockets that you didn't have before?"

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-17 06:48:43 No. 28680394
>>28679992
>>28680010
>>28680040
>>28680042
>>28680148
>>28680150
>>28680210

Emerald watches as Ruby pulls out the few posessions she has. Joyride says that none of them have had spells cast on them. The colt points out her earring, but after looking at it briefly Joyride says that it's okay.

Next Emerald empties out his bag, and they go through his inventory, being careful not to show off his "other" focus to Ruby. They find nothing until Emerald holds up his book focus to Joyride, and the scarlet bookmark falls out of it.

Joyride swiftly scoops it up and looks at it. She then alights her horn and the small piece of paper catches on fire. Emerald thinks on when the Order members could have slipped that onto him, and then he remembered Uictoria briefly seizing his focus. She didn't even have it for that long, and yet she got it in there.

Emerald grimaces, a bit of wary respect building for the Order of the Arrow member.

"Okay, the rest of this is good. Whew. That makes me feel a bit better." Joyride says, laying down on the sand.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-18 06:21:38 No. 28687483
>>28681810
>>28681822
>>28684607
>>28684619
>>28684771
>>28686129
>>28686141

Emerald returns from the crab boop to see Joyride standing up.

"Alright, let's get walkin'. The city would be..." Joyride says looking around, and then giving a point down the beach finishes, "This way."

Before they leave Emerald asks if he can make that crab he booped his familiar.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't suggest taking a familiar from another world. Usually they don't travel well back to your own dimension." Joyride says, walking away.

The trio walk along the beach enjoying the scenery and the sound of crashing waves.

"Man, not too many creatures here. Not like the docks back at home." Ruby says, watching a crab scuttle by.

"Yeah, I've explored this world and for whatever reason megafauna never developed here. The biggest thing I think I've seen are some salmon when I went into the oceans." Joyride says, looking out at the beach again, "Over six feet long, I think."

As they talk Emerald think about learning how to do the sand to/from rocks spell. After all, there is plenty of sand here! He thinks back to the ingredients, and remembers that two of them are sand and clay, but the third is the problem. Gunpowder.

Emerald asks if Joyride has any gunpowder.

"Nah. I don't need anything like that to make explosions. Should be easy enough to find once we get back to pony lands though."

The trio walk for a while longer, and Emerald asks if Joyride ever played on beaches when she was younger.

"Well, I'm assuming you mean when I was near your age, and no, I didn't see the ocean until I was a young adult. I lived inland and ended up traveling to a port around then." Joyride looks nostalgically out at the ocean again and says, "Good times..."

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-18 07:45:52 No. 28687985
>>28687521
>>28687593
>>28687616
>>28687657
>>28687823
>>28687919

Emerald scoops up some sand and puts it into an empty vial he has. Might as well take some, who knows when it will come in handy!

Emerald asks how many worlds she has explored.

"Quite a few! It's sort of my thing." Joyride says slapping her cutie mark.

Emerald asks about Uictoria, and how she knows her.

"Ran into her on my travels. I mean I guess it was inevitable considering her job and my lifestyle. I was purchasing some... Exotic bones from a necromancer. I got away, he didn't. After that I noticed she started wearing my colors after that. She's a style-biter!" Joyride says, yelling the final part, "Anyway, we've met once or twice after that, but it's been a while. Don't know how I could forget a pony like that."

Emerald asks something else that has been bugging him. He asks who the other pony in the box with Stargazer was.

"Oh, you mean from around the time we first met? It was me. Sort of. Another dimension version of me, except stupid. She is trying to conquer the universe using sex. Can you believe it?" Joyride says with a laugh.

Emerald asks Joyride if she misses those days when she was young.

"Eh." Joyride says with a shrug, "Every once and a while. When you get to be my age you wish you could relive your younger days, lil' perv."

Emerald isn't too sure he'll look back on his childhood with his step parents in that way, but he asks her for a story for when she was younger.

"A story? About what? I got a million of them lil' perv." Joyride says with a grin.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-19 05:28:06 No. 28694254
>>28688182
>>28688260
>>28688288

Emerald asks if the other dimenson Joyride is still out there plotting to take over the universe.

"Probably? Seems like something I would do if I was as silly as her." Joyride says.

Emerald asks if she ever misses her family.

"Eh... Sometimes. But they died a long time ago. I still go visit my mother's grave occasionally." Joyride says with a smile.

Emerald asks if she'll tell him about her first adventure, or perhaps her first love.

"My first love? It wasn't really that interesting. It was a pegasus from my village that was around my same age. It didn't last long. I wanted to go out and explore, and he wanted a housewife." Joyride says with a shrug.

"As for my first adventure, it was pretty soon after I got my cutie mark. I've always had a bit of a wanderlust, see? I was part of the postal service, so one time I was out delivering a package to a nearby village, and instead of returning home afterwards I went and walked around the cliffs nearby. Ran into a quarry eel. Luckily for me it wasn't fully grown. I managed to get away by a lucky use of some teleportation, as well as a few large rocks. After that though I got lost for a few days, and when I managed to get back to my home my mother spanked my flank raw." Joyride gives a bark of laughter after she finishes her story.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-19 07:42:02 No. 28695096
>>28694309
>>28694332
>>28694451
>>28694470
>>28694584

Emerald says that it sounds like her parents cared for her a lot. The colt says that he'll come with her next time she visits their grave.

"Huh. Well, I mean if you want to. That's very kind of you lil' perv." Joyride says surprised.

Emerald asks what it's like to have a mother like that.

"Oh err..." Joyride says, clearly uncomfortable, "Why don't you ask-"

She begins to point at Ruby, but then thinks better of it and says, "It's pretty cool I guess."

Emerald doesn't want to make the unicorn any more uncomfortable than she is, and so asks if she had any siblings, or any living descendants.

"Nope, it was just me and my mother. My father and his siblings died in some war when I was a child, not long after I got my cutie mark. Joyride is that last of her kind, baby!" Joyride says, triumphantly.

Joyride then stops. The beach curves hard to the left of them ,leaving a big expanse of ocean to their front.

"Crud. I'm pretty sure the city is that way. Well, time for us to head back I suppose." The unicorn says with a sigh.

Joyride pulls out her keys again and sticks them into mid-air. A rift opens and the trio step through it. They appear back in the Zebraland's jungle. Emerald looks around for the hive over the top of the canopy, but he can't spot it. To be honest, he isn't sure how long they walked for.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-19 08:52:53 No. 28695543
>>28695177
>>28695191
>>28695195

(Last for night.)

They continue you on, and Emerald asks what the other keys do.

"You know what they do. They are for my house in Whiterwater. Only some of the keys are for the dimensional jumps." Joyride says, "Have to put it in an inanimate object. If you jump to a place where you can't use magic or magic doesn't exist and you don't have keys like mine then you are boned. You can't travel back. At least as far as I know."

Emerald asks how long it's been since they jumped worlds.

"Hmm... Probably about 1000 years." Joyride says, tapping her chin.

"Wha- A thousand years?" Ruby says shocked.

"Just kidding." Joyride says, grinning at Ruby's annoyed face, "There isn't any time difference. In most of the dimension time flows all the same."

Emerald feels like he's learned so much about magic in just this last half of the day. He asks Joyride what she thinks he can do to improve his magic, such as focusing his abilities rather than studying all he can.

"Do what you want, really. If you want to focus in on something go ahead. If you don't, then don't. In my opinion though you've just begun to scratch the surface of arcane knowledge. I'd suggest you get a little bit more well rounded before deciding that sort of thing." Joyride says as they walk along.

"How much longer to the city anyway?" Ruby asks, trotting alongside the trio.

"Oh, few more hours. We'll probably hit the city by nightfall." Joyride responds.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-20 06:45:46 No. 28698247
>>28695589
>>28696294
>>28696529
>>28696551
>>28696861
>>28696931
>>28696958
>>28696978
>>28697225
>>28697844

Emerald asks where they will be staying for the night, and if they'll be using an Inn or her house.

"I can spring for an Inn I suppose. Maybe one above a bar so I can get some drinks and some info." Joyride says, licking her lips.

Emerald asks if maybe they can get her some new clothes and a better knife once they get to town.

"What am I, Ponycare? If you want to do charity do it yourself." Joyride says.

"I-I'm alright with what I got, okay?" Ruby says, puffing out her cheeks at Emerald.

The colt asks if Joyride thinks that Loupe and Nishan made it to town.

"I'm going to hope so. They know how to handle themselves better than we do in a jungle after all. Of course they also can't travel dimensions so who knows." Joyride says, unconcerned.

Now that Emerald has heard some of Joyride's backstory he wonders if he should tell her about the time he took her keys and went to that room with the Orbs.

What does Emerald do?

www.strawpoll.me/11466960

2016-10-20 09:58:51 No. 28698731
>>28698426
>>28698446

Emerald decides not to tell Joyride about him taking her keys while she was drunk.

Instead the party continues on until they get to the city. Emerald must admit he is a little surprised. The city, while not nearly as big as Whiterwater, looks very simliar, down to the hustle and bustle and the buildings.

There are only two things Emerald can really point out that are different. One, the buildings have rounded tile tops instead of flat, slanted ones. There is also much more zebra writing on posters, signs, and storefronts. Secondly, there are almost nothing but zebra here, though there is the occasionally pony.

Ruby looks around as they walk, and seeing Emerald looking at her smiles and says, "Feels just like home, huh?"

The two foals follow Joyride, and she stops in front of a small Bar & Inn named the Lion's Den. She makes reservations, and after they throw their belongings in the room she says,

"Okay, I'm going to go ask around to see if Loupe or Nishan came by. You guys do whatever."

"Cool!" Ruby says, hopping onto a bed, "I did want to look around a bit."

"Yeah, yeah..." Joyride says dismissively as she started to walk for the door.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-21 08:49:17 No. 28704745
>>28698750
>>28698756
>>28698786
>>28698870
>>28699021
>>28699360
>>28699647
>>28701140
>>28701583
>>28702842

As Joyride leaves, Emerald asks Ruby what she wants to go see.

"Oh, I dunno. It's sorta like Whiterwater ya know? I want to wander around and see what I can find. Didn't you ever do that?" Ruby asks, looking out their nearby window.

Emerald can't say that he has. He was been cooped up most of his life, though he is getting his fair share of travel now.

"Right." Ruby says, looking back at him, "Fair enough. Let's start by finding some weird Zebra food or something. Something that we'll remember."

The two foals go downstairs and look for the innkeeper, who also seems to be the barkeep. Considering the time of day, it's no surprise that he is quite swamped for work, and he brushes off the two children when they attempt to ask him questions.

The two decide to go outside and look for someone to ask about the town. When they get to the streets they see two zebras who are well armored and have an air of authority about them. The ponies cross the road, and quickly get up to them.

Emerald asks if he knows any good food places, and in addition, asks for any alchemy shops.

"Well, throw a stick in the air and whichever way it points you are sure to hit an alchemy store, little one." The guard says with a grin, "That being said though. I wouldn't wander around the streets this time of night. Pony's have a tendency to disappear. Lot's of people bitter about the war, you see. If you really want to try something though there is a nice restaurant down the street. Millet Cafe."

The guard then points down the road towards the restaurant.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-21 05:07:05 No. 28707183
>>28705417
>>28705437
>>28705445
>>28705554
>>28705563
>>28705599
>>28705768
>>28706531

Emerald looks down the menu. It seems to be pretty standard fare. At first Emerald wonders if Ruby will need help reading it, but he notices that words are in Pony first, and then Zebra underneath in smaller print.

The colt looks over at the filly and sees her with her snout nearly pressed up against the menu and sounding out the letters on the page.

While he waits for Ruby to make a decision he asks the mare her name.

"Sugar Cane, but you can call me Sugar, sugar." She says, giggling at her own joke.

Emerald asks why so many ponies come here.

"Well Ah'd like to think it's cuz our foods so good, but really it's prolly cuz there ain't that big of uh pony community here, and so we all sorta gather together when we can." Sugar says, wiping out a glass as she speaks.

Emerald asks about the sights, and asks further about a possible college or temple in the area.

"Yeah, figured yew uh sightseer. There's tew places ponies tend tuh go to when they come here. The temple of Hiwot is one, it's near the center uh town. It's big and has a huge statue in the front of it with a Zebra carrying a shield and wearing a helmet. The whole thing is bright white. Yew can't miss it!" Sugar says.

She then steps away for a moment to fill some orders. Afterwards she comes back.

"The other is the temple of Marjani. It's near the south part uh town. It's the closest thing we got to uh University here. Or perhaps Ah should say it's the same thing. Ah dunno how to explain it. Muh husband could tell yew better." Sugar says, laughing again.

What does Emerald do?

2016-10-21 06:03:21 No. 28707593
>>28707228
>>28707272
>>28707313
>>28707344
>>28707368
>>28707523

(Last for the thread.)

Emerald asks if her husband is here right now.

"Sure is!" She then slaps the window behind her a few times and a Large, angry looking chef zebra pops up.

"Yeah? I'm busy." The gruff zebra says.

She gives him a kiss on the cheek, and he rolls his eyes and gets back to work, though now with a slight grin.

Emerald smiles, and then looks to Ruby, who still has her eyes fixated on the menu. The colt asks if Ruby needs any help reading. She shakes her head, and then pointing at the menu and looking up at the waitress says,

"This thing says breakfast all day. Could I get some waffles? With strawberries and cream?"

"Of course, honey!" Sugar says. She scribbles it down on a notepad, and as she does Ruby looks at Emerald proudly.

Emerald orders a yam salad, and then asks if the temples are open at this hour.

"Sorta. They are open in the sense that you can go in and pray really quick if'n you want. But Ah wouldn't suggest yew tew go walkin' 'round at night. We've had some scary characters recently preyin' on ponies." The waitress says, fixing a serious stare at the colt.

Emerald asks if there are any other place of interest.

"Hmm... Probably. What yew lookin' for?"

What does Emerald do?
api | contact | donate | 0.038s | 6