There is a MIRACLE at the top of the tower...
... and I need it.
Total Quest Duration:1 years, 3 months, 15 daysTotal Word Count:137,211Total Quest Posts:1089/1412
Avg Thread Duration: 3 days, 13 hours, 17 minutesAvg Word Count:3,267Avg Thread Posts:34
Current Thread Duration:3 days, 9 hours, 26 minutesCurrent Word Count:3,042Current Thread Posts:17
Total Threads:42

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 03:35:08 No. 28597649
Catch up at: https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/
Or if you want a quick start, read the char list: https://qt.catbox.moe/3c98e8 [In need of updates]

INV:
>AJ: Crystal ball, Hat (Worn), Humorous cow statuette, Cross necklace, Strange cross amulet, Peaches, Locked box, Whiskey, Keys
>Mirria: Cape (Worn), 1 pen, Binoculars, Ankh necklace (Worn), Notebook
>Rarity: Mask (Worn), key.

Objectives:
- Rest.
- Reach the top of the tower.
- Get Rubicon a new body or repair the one he has
- -Find the schematics to make it
- Try to help Quibra

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 04:00:18 No. 28597842
>>28590494
>>28590489
>>28590498
I splash more water on her, Winona getting out of the w--

inkie splashes water in me, a joking grin in her face, but I only groan in irritation.
"What?" She asks after a minute, her smile fading into confusion.
I groan again.
"Come on," She slides closer to me in the bathtub, "You can tell your grand uncle's daughter's thrice removed half brother long lost... You can tell me."
I try to shove her away, but find my mouth moving:
"Today is the anniversary of... You know, Granny's passing."
"Oh." Pinkie is silent for a second. "So?"
"So I can't stop thinking of her." I say flatly.
"And that makes you sad?" Pinkie pauses for a moment. "I don't remember her making you sad."
"No, I am sad 'cause she passed away!" I shout, a weight coming up my throat. "And now I'll never see her again!"
"Ooooh... that's silly."
"It ain't! I lost her like I'll lose everyone!" I push her away from me, wishing I could do the same for everyone.
She looks at me in silence, hurt in her face for a fraction of a second as her hooves catch on to the borders of the bathtub before her head falls into the water.
"Do you think I haven't lost anyone?" She says with an unaccustomedly serious expression, her hooves trembling slightly, "Several for every day of the year, AJ. I could list today's if you wanted me to."
The weight in my throat descends to my belly, my mouth half open as I search for something, anything, to answer to that.
"But even when I am sad because I miss them I am happier because I met them, because they wouldn't want me to be sad. They wouldn't be my friends if they did." She manages a smile, "Do you think you can do that too? For me?"
(1/2)

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 04:02:45 No. 28597855
I think about it for a moment and splash water back on her for being a silly pony, anger cooling quickly.

--Mirria's hoof pushes my muzzle and I push her away softly to get proper splashing distance between us, then covers herself with her wings and takes off her cape and bags -keeping the necklace around her neck, as always- to leave them hanging from the willow over us and cannonball besides me.

Jump to the dinner?

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 07:29:42 No. 28599762
>>28598509
>>28598803
I splash her as strongly as I can in retaliation for the cannonball, throwing off balance.
The next hour is spent like that until Sarim appears and takes us to the library, his body sucked into the ground with out bags and clothing almost immediately and without an explanation.
Why does my plate have... flavorless and textureless icecream? This isn't fair.
Rarity walks to us a few minutes later, her hooves wet, "Dear, as flattered as I am by you still having the bag I gave you, I made it white. You ought to clean it more often. Also--"
I stop her with a gesture and head inside for some book with blank pages, then go back and write a few phrases on it.
"Pinkie? That sounds like her, yes. You haven't remembered me yet, haven't you?"
It takes me a moment to answer, but I shake my head-- there's still a Rarity-shaped hole in everything I can remember.
"Oh... I'll have to be patient, I guess. The others will join us in a moment."
Just as she says that Sarim emerges from the ground, carrying a table in his claw which he puts in the ground. He sits at it quietly, and soon Surane joins him with a large wood box, then starts spreading its contents -which include several die- across the table.
Ludwig comes soon after, looking visibly tired and with a few books trailing after her in telekinesis.
"Baf--Before I forget, do you have any idea of what a--?" She starts, but stops with a scared expression.
We look in the same direction she's watching, and see Ludwig -the knife- bouncing towards us, spinning several times in each jump.

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 08:54:49 No. 28600524
>>28600166
>>28600171
I scramble away with Ludwig, both of us holding Mirria back before she flies at the knife.
"What in ptske are you doing here!?" Shouts Ludwig. "Sarim, what is that ralee doing here!?"
"I imagine she's talking a walk." Sarim turns in her direction briefly and returns to Surane. "I roll to climb."
"She's dangerous!"
"So is everyone here." He says simply.
"But I've never threat-- I haven't threatened anyone here!"
"I remember you tried to choke Mariela."
The knife reaches us before she can answer, stopping briefly in its tip and then resuming to hop, Mirria still trying to escape our hold.
"What, you will only ignore them?" Rarity, standing between us and her, takes a step closer to the knife, "That is uncorteous, uncourageous, and childish."
The last word stops her dead in her tracks, and I have the odd feeling that she's turning to us despite lacking a face of any sort.
"Childish?" She jumps closer to Rarity, "Childish, you pitiful mortal!?"
"Lud..." Says Surane in a low tone.
"I have slain more armies that you will ever see!" She continues.
"Ludwig!"
"Yes?" The knife trembles in what I can only suppose is anger.
"What did we tell you?" One of them, apparently male, says tersely.
"Many an idiocy, gryphon."
"And?"
"And I shouldn't threaten people."
"Why?"
"Because you are idiots and cowards?"
"Besides that?" The knife mutters something. "I did not hear you."
"Because it's not practical."
"So?"
She throws herself at Surane, metal singing in the air, but is stopped by a stone wall.
"Because I don't like it." He says simply.
"My-- But-- Lud! We thought you had made progress!" Surane sound hurt when they say it.
"I will only make progress when that damned wayward skull appears!" She shouts, impacting several more stone walls.

(1/2)

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 08:56:02 No. 28600535
"Whatever she does is her decision."
"But-- No! It's my mind! I tell it where to go!" She shouts back.
Mirria escapes from our hold and grabs the knife, then hits her against the stone several times.
"Wi-- You---" She tries to start talking several times, but the clangs interrupt her every time. "If-- Bit--"
"I would very much like you to stop hitting my sister." Sarim turns to her. "Remember that you are my guest here."

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-07 10:51:10 No. 28601323
>>28600784
>>28600850
I scratch something in the book and walk to Mirria, giving the book to Rarity in the way.
"She's is right-- I don't think it's fair for us to do this," Rarity reads as I put a hoof in Mirria's shoulder, "To expect someone as crippled as she is to reason like us."
"Huh?" Sarim turns to her, confused, "She is perfectly capable of reasoning. The state of her psyche is linked to her condition, but not irreparable."
"Even then, isn't it possible to undo the damage?"
"We tried several times, but the results were less than ideal. And pegasus, will you stop or do I have to kick you out?"
Mirria pauses her hitting and, with sudden movements, throws her away. Ludwig jumps up immediately, but Sarim blocks her again.
"And as I already said, I grow tired of this."
Ludwig says something in a language I don't understand and zips away, cutting several branches in the way. Sarim mutters something in response, but is quick to go back to whatever he's playing.
"Anyway..." Ludwig sits at the table, "Have ya-- you heard of something called 'mime band'?"
Sarim answers before any of us can, "I awoke a few centuries ago and they seemed to have been forgotten for some reason."
The rest of us give Rarity confused expressions, "They are-- were collars that let mute people talk." Mirria shots her a doubtful look, "I've seen them in use, they are safe and easy to repair."
Mirria writes something in the pages of the book.
"What? No-- I don't know what is that the knife did, but I won't 'hold you hostage' with it."

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-08 10:39:20 No. 28610510
>>28606643
>>28603612
I take the book to write a few short phrases in it -Mirria too irritated to do it herself- and pass it to Ludwig, who rereads it a few times.
"Sarim? Why didn't you tell me she did this?"
"Because she's my sister too." He doesn't turn to us to speak.
"Wa-- is there anything else I should know about?"
"Define 'Should'."
"That will bite me in the ass despite not being my actions?"
"Not as much as you may think."
"I won't be using my real name when I get out of this tower." She gives me back the book, "Anyway, I'll have to take her measures later, but it's not very complex. Any medic could see it's perfectly safe." She pauses. "Only, uhm, kind of painful at first. It takes a while for the throat to get used to it--" She stops suddenly, "Is it usual to write without looking nowadays?"
"Not at all--" Rarity looks in the same direction as she is, "Applejack?"
I follow her gaze, and see that my hoof is moving on its own, writing something in the book, only a few words for now.
I feel a sort of numbness in the arm, only noticeable now that I focus on it, which I think I could break with little effort.

>>28610477
There was a way to go down, very early on, and it would've consisted of a few signs giving warnings and then maybe death if they were ignored. I never thought much about it because I didn't think the players would go in that direction at all

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-09 01:25:03 No. 28611506
>>28611103
The others read it and after a moment we are left just looking at the book, left in the centre of the table, silently.
"What's the silence about?" Sarim turns and takes the book from the table, "Bad poetry, but not THAT bad."
"Applejack..." Rarity mouths for a second, "Her hoof wrote it?"
"Another episode?" Sarim leaves it in the table.
"I think?" She gives me an uncomfortable look, "Did you feel anything before it happened?"
I shake my head distractedly, staring at the words. Honesty? Generosity? Isn't that me and Rarity?
I write that question and pass it to Rarity, who considers it for a moment.
"I hadn't considered who is this talking about, but I don't think it's any of us. Pinkie is anything but demeaning, this is all like a bad joke of what we are." She's silent. "If anything, this reminds me more of how I've seen Twilight act here."
I don't know how to answer to that, and after a minute she stands from the table, whispering an 'Excuse me', and starts walking away from it.
"Rarity?" Ludwig turns to her, worried, "Is there anything you need?"
"Only a few minutes alone. Could you get them their clothings when they are dry?" Ludwig nods, and Rarity walks away from us in silence.

Jump to the next scene?

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-09 05:40:26 No. 28612413
>>28611838
I stand still, counting the seconds. It's not until after several minutes have passed that I can identify what I am feeling.
Nothing for me to do that I can adress, nowhere to go urgently, no impeding danger... Is this boredom?
I don't think I like boredom. Why can't I remember any hobbies? I must have had at least one.
Hrm.

Sorry for the delay, but I was making food and got sidetracked without knowing there was a reply.
And I'd like to mention that this parts may feel jerky because, in all honesty, I am not a SoL writer. Sorry if I can't deliver in this.
Also the book is being held in place by shutupitsmagic.

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-09 11:22:01 No. 28614143
I walk to one of the closest trees and give it a long look. It's not of any variety I recognize, but I'll be damned if it isn't an apple tree.
After a moment of hesitation I turn and buck it without thinking, receiving only a shower of petals as a reward. Winona runs happily among them, and Mirria covers a mute smile before returning to her drawing.
I... Rainbow. I dared Rainbow in races and... every sport, I think.
For a moment I feel an urge to go up to the ledge and challenge Mirria to something, anything, but only bucking the tree tired me, and I don't feel like physical exertion would be a good idea.

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-09 10:44:44 No. 28619510
>>28618978
I try to push forward, to remember more... family. I had one. They were... Granny, and...
A headache pierces through my skull, breaking my concentration, and Mirria gives me a worried look when I cringe from the pain.
Mirria, she must have family besides her brother, right? I walk up the small path that leads up the ledge and ask her about it.
She points at one of the drawings she already did, of a cow wearing a flowered hat, and writes "Aunt Rita" under it.
"Our parents weren't very present," She keeps writing, "They cared for us, but neither of them really knew how to handle children. We were mostly street urchins until we had to work at her farm to pay for the damages of a prank. We were mostly brought up by her after that, even if we still lived in our parents' house.She and her husband are great people, I still visit their farm outside the town every once in a while."

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-10 04:25:47 No. 28625496
>>28619510
We are quiet for a moment, neither of us writing anything, and then she writes again:
"Sorry if I don't use that thing to talk."
I look at her with a confused expression.
"What if it doesn't sound like me?" She hesitates, "I think you are the only one here who understands how scared I am of forgetting what my voice used to sound like."

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-10 08:21:48 No. 28626963
>>28626514
>>28626905
I move closer to her and grab the pen;
"What if it's like your voice? You ought to give it a chance."
I offer her the pen, but she doesn't take it.
"Was Ludwig's like your voice?" She nods weakly, "I can remember it." I hesitate, but continue, "Everyone tells me I am supposed to be the bearer of honesty, and now that I am remembering all the truths about me I won't forget them again."
She doesn't seem quite content, but nods after a minute.
"What was the prank, anyway?" I give her back the pencil.
"We heated some cider bottles from a bazaar to make them burst. That ended releasing several higans -Like the one we found inside the enigne- who hadn't been trained properly yet and broke several stalls. Rita paid for the damage to keep the sellers from lynching us, but we had to pay her back."
We hear branches breaking, and turn to the source of it to see Ludwig walking to us with our clothing and bags in telekinesis, the cape trying to escape it constantly.
"Mirria? What in the pits is up with this?" She shouts at us. "is it normal for your clothing to have panic attacks?"

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-10 09:47:58 No. 28627625
>>28627174
We trot to her, and the cape slingshots itself out of her telekinesis and wraps around Mirria's barrel. Both me and Ludwig take a step toward her to remove it, but it doesn't seem to be holding too tightly.
"Just..." Ludwig groans, "What is it?"
My answer doesn't take long to write.
"'You just had it'? I can't-- You had living clothes and didn't even mention it?"
I write that with all that's going one we had forgotten about it.
"I'll give it a look," Her horn alights, and soon she's wearing a confused expression, "Another mind vessel? Just how many mind vessels are there in this place?" She pauses, "And it can't even talk, this is just rich..."

!!6rS9Q/1DV6r 2016-10-11 01:01:20 No. 28628738
>>28628498
I write a few words in the book and show it to her, eliciting a surprised expression, "A mime band? That... I think I could make it work, if I could only generate something similar enough to vocal chords..." She takes the book and pen and spends several minutes sketching in it, muttering under her breath. "I... This barely touches any of my areas of expertise, so I am not sure if it'll work in the first place. Sarim?"
He appears almost immediately behind us, "Yes?"
"I need some material to test something, can you make them?" She gives him the book.
"Hrm, this would need you to feed it magic?"
"Well, yes, but--"
"And you had a magic burnout after yesterday's operation."
"I can handle it."
"The unicorn will do it."
"She'll need to rest constantly!"
"Stop talking as if you had so much more magic," He gives me the book and is sucked into the ground, returning a moment later with Rarity and a small box.
She seems distracted, but follows Ludwig's instructions in building a large, rustic-looking mechanism and wrapping it around the cloak, most of it's mechanical parts supported in a network of telekinesis.
"Alright," Ludwig's horn alights, "Follow me in this, the keystone needs to be adjusted like this..."
A barrage of metalic clacks drowns her voice, but when I think the pain in my ears will turn unbearable it starts gaining coherency:
"--BUT THIS ONE CAN'T DO THAT IF THIS ONE CAN'T SEE SO THIS ONE THINKS THIS ONE SHOULD SEE MORE OFTEN SO THIS ONE CAN DO IT WHAT DO YOU THINK."
Winona barks.
"YES DOG THIS ONE KNOWS THAT OH ARE YOU THE FRIENDS THE FRIENDS TALKED TO THIS ONE A WHILE AGO AND IT WAS FUN HAHAHAHAHA THIS ONE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FUN AGAIN."

Four AM over here, paused for the night.
api | contact | donate | 0.025s | 6