Persona with ponies. Either you know what that is or you don't
Total Quest Duration:2 years, 0 months, 16 daysTotal Word Count:652,304Total Quest Posts:46/2090
Avg Thread Duration: 3 days, 13 hours, 30 minutesAvg Word Count:7,498Avg Thread Posts:24
Current Thread Duration:7 days, 0 hours, 48 minutesCurrent Word Count:14,703Current Thread Posts:44
Total Threads:87

2014-11-05 05:58:30 No. 20506952
>You turn around and see the orange-err, apple horse from yesterday.
>”Applejack? Why she’s right in front of ya! Don’tcha got eyes?”
>You scream internally at the elderly mare, but your murderous rage is quelled when you get a good look at AJ.
>Something about her really seems different from when you met her at the castle.
>Perhaps it’s the fresh sweat from a hard morning’s work causing her face to glisten in the sunlight.
>She seems so confident and strong, but also feminine and graceful.
>It’s as though she gained 10 years of maturity and experience the moment she stepped back on to the soil of her farm.
>You briefly recall spike mentioning about how every pony finds something in their life that they were “meant to do”. You thought it sounded like an absurd fatalist platitude at the time, but right now…
>You wouldn’t have any doubt if someone told you that this is what Applejack was born to do. In fact you’re sure of it.
>Or maybe she’s got crazy apple horse pheromones that you can only pick up as you are now.
>AJ gently prods you with her hoof. “What’s the matter? Cat got yer tongue, sugarcube?”
“OH Hey AJ, I’m hungry. I mean… I’m anonymous. It’s me.
“Twilight gave me the horse necklace.”
“I am still hungry though.”
>”Horse Necklace?” AJ looks down at your neck. “Ah, I see. Some kinda spell. I thought you seemed familiar. Go ahead an’ take that silly thing off. Apple Family will take you just as you are, thank you kindly.”
“Right, of course…”
>You slip the necklace and revert to your human form. Granny smith’s eyes widen as she yells “DEEEATH! IT’S THE GRISLY SPECTER OF DEATH COME TA GIT ME!
>Granny Smith pulls out a wooden cane and twists the handle, pulling it apart to reveal a hidden sword which she takes in her teeth and swings around wildly.
>You're already feeling as Granny Smith starts screaming and giving chase. "THERE IS ONLY ONE THING WE SAY TO DEATH! NOT TODAAAAAY!"

2014-11-05 06:32:32 No. 20507460
>How is this going worse than your visit with Gilda?
>And how is she so much faster than you?
>You ask yourself a lot of questions when you're about to die.
>Just as the venerable tornado of death is upon you, you see a flash of orange as Applejack's hind legs shoot out and send the blade spinning into the air.
>"Granny Smith, that's a right nasty way to treat Mr. Anonymous! He ain't the specter of death, he's our guest!"
>Granny smith stops swinging her head around and looks closely. "Oh, a guest? Why didn't he just say so earlier?'
>You quickly scramble away and hide behind Applejack.
"Your Grandma just tried to kill me!"
>AJ smiles and tries to comfort you, "Sorry 'bout that, she was just confused. She thought you was death incarnate."
"I think SHE'S death incarnate."
>Applejack beams, "Yep, they don't make 'em like they used to."
"I nearly died!"
>Applejack shakes her head, "Aww come now. We fixed her sword cane ages ago so it ain't got no blade to it. T'weren't any danger to ya!"
>You point out that the sword is standing straight up with its point down in the ground.
>AJ shrugs. “Soft soil. Never you mind. We’ll make things square with a good home cooked meal of our best!
>You fear for your life if you say yes... but you're really too hungry to walk to Rarity's.
"... if someone tries to kill me one more time I'm leaving."
>You figure that's a stern enough ultimatum.
>AJ grins, "You got my word that there ain't nothin' that'll harm so much as a hair on your head so long as yer a guest in my home."
>You're too hungry to be picky about double negatives or baldness.
"Good enough for me. Let's eat."
>Applejack rings the chow bell to call over her brother, Big McIntosh. Big Mac, as you’re told he’s called.
>You settle in for breakfast, or Second Breakfast as it were to the apple family.
>The sheer scope of the meal laid out before you in such a short time is nothing less than astonishing.

2014-11-05 07:09:40 No. 20507951
>You’ve got an apple pecan salad, toast with zap-apple jam, apple cinnamon pancakes, an apple and cheese omelette, fresh squeezed apple juice, bottled hard apple cider, and for dessert, a classic apple pie.
>After learning that it was almost all the handiwork of Granny Smith, you feel pretty keen to forgive her for her earlier mixup.
>You were quite hungry, but by the time you get to dessert, you’re picking at it slowly enough for AJ to get some conversation out of you.
>”So tell me, Anon. How are you liking ponyville?”
“It’s had its ups and downs I guess. But the people here seem to be pretty good.”
>You decide to ask her a question in return.
“So are your parents still working out in the fields? I’d feel kind of bad eating without them.”
>Everyone briefly pauses at once and you feel your heart sink.
>AJ finally breaks the silence, “We’ve been eatin’ without Ma an’ Pa fer many a year now.”
>Way to fucking go.
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have brought it up.”
>AJ shakes her head, “I reckon it’s best you learned it ‘fore ya said somethin’ ‘round Applebloom. She don’t remember ‘em too well but… she’s just a filly. It’s hard for her.”
>You try really hard to avoid eye contact until Granny Smith speaks up. "Oh don't get your pretty green head in a twist, Mr. Anonymous. My grand daughter ain't some weepin' maiden you gotta fret over hurt feelings with. She's an Apple, and the Element of Honesty to boot! She ain't got a gosh darn thing she's afraid to admit."
>Applejack chuckles, "Thanks Granny, you always know what to say."
>Big Mac chimes in, "Eeeyup."
>AJ raises a bottle, "Now how's about we crack these puppies open an' start havin' a good time like I promised ya?"
"Hear hear!"
>!

———————————————

Thou art I… And I am thou…

Thou hast established a new bond…

It brings thee closer to the truth…

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Personas of the Strength Arcana.

2014-11-05 08:14:26 No. 20509000
>You spend the next several hours drinking and listening to Granny Smith talk about the history of Ponyville and show you scrapbooks.
>It sounds boring on paper, but you’re actually really interested in the history of Ponyville and Equestria in general.
>You feel like it’s important to know as much as you can about this world you’re in.
>The history lesson lasts well into the afternoon, and before you know it you’re interrupted by a trio of cute high pitched voices.
>”THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS ARE HEEERE!”
>Crusades? These are dark times indeed.
>Applejack looks at you. “Sounds like my little sister an’ her friends are home. Want to meet ‘em?”
>Your thoughts briefly drift to the amulet in your pocket, but you decide that after all the hospitality AJ and her family have shown you, it wouldn’t be right to start hiding like this.
“If it’s okay with you.”
>AJ trots out to greet her sister, “Applebloom, I told y’all no yellin’ in the house. Now come on over to the sittin’ room. There’s a feller I’d like y’all to meet.”
>Three little fillies follow Applejack in, and they all stare at you wide-eyed.
“Sup.”
>”Anonymous, I’d like ya to meet my sister Applebloom, Rarity’s sister Sweetie Belle, and their friend Scootaloo. Girls, this is my friend Anonymous. He’s not from Equestria, so I’d like y’all to come make him feel nice an’ welcome, ya hear?”
>”He’s cool…” says Scootaloo.
>”He’s creepy.” Sweetie Belle frowns.
>”He’s just like us!” Applebloom shouts excitedly. “Your face matches our flanks, Mister Anonymous!”
“Wat.”
>”It’s blank, just like us!” Applebloom explains by turning to the side so you can see her unmarked flank.

2014-11-06 01:33:10 No. 20513054
“Oh right, the cutie mark thing… I remember now. But I don’t think it’s exactly the same thing.”
>Scootaloo rushes up to your side. “Do you know what your special talent is?”
“Maybe, but uh, not really?”
>Applebloom runs up next to her. “Do you know what your destiny is and what you were born to do?”
“Not even close.”
>Sweetie Belle appears next to Applebloom. “Do you know who you really are inside and what makes you you?”
“I don’t even know my real name.”
>Scootaloo taps out a drumroll on a chair, letting applebloom stand up tall to make a grand gesture. “If you answered no to all three questions, then you should join…”
>”THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!”
>Being drafted into military service by children. How did it come to this?
>Applejack steps in to try to provide some reason. “Now y’all, I don’t rightly know if Mister Anonymous appreciates you gangin’ up on him like this to get him to join yer club.”
“A club?”
>Applebloom explains, “The purpose of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is to work together to find out who we are, and what we’re supposed to be. And once we do, we’ll each have our Cutie Marks!”
>Applejack sighs, “Y’all realize it’s only ponies that get cutie marks, right? Even if Mister Anonymous does figure out who he is, it’s not quite the same.”
"Actually, I think it might be."
>AJ looks a little hesitant. “You sure you wanna go with that?”
“Finding out who I am and why I’m here is one of the most important things in the world right now. I know I didn’t talk to you much about it, but it’s the truth. Besides, a club sounds fun.”
>AJ just gives you a smug grin, “Welp, I know when I’m beat. Jus’ don’t say I didn’t try an’ warn ya.”
>"Then it's settled! Mr. Anonymous, you are hereby an honorary member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Declares Scootaloo.
>The other two join in. "Hear hear!"

2014-11-06 02:14:29 No. 20513287
>!
———————————————

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Personas of the Emperor Arcana.

———————————————

“Cool. Wait, what exactly DID I sign up for?”
Sweetie Belle says proudly, “As an honorary member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, you’re going to assist us as we try various tasks and talents until we find out which ones we’re great at!”
“Wouldn’t it be easier to find something you like and practice it until you’re good at it?”
>The CMC look at you like you’re speaking in Greek to them.
>Applebloom shakes her head. “This is why yer still just an honorary member.”
>You throw your hands up. “All right, let’s do it your way. What have you tried? And what’s up next?”
>Applebloom brings out a long sheet of paper from her bookbag and shows it to you.
>This list is nearly 100 items long. You only have time to skim it.
“... Ninjas? Giant Robot Pilots? Dentists?”
>Scootaloo shudders at your mention of the last one.
>”Well ya cain’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.” says Applebloom.
>”We broke a lot more than eggs.” replies Sweetie Belle.
“You’ve done so many things I’m actually not sure what else there is to try.”
>”That’s why we don’t pay you to come up with the brilliant ideas, because we’ve got that covered.” Scootaloo says proudly.
“You don’t pay me at all. But what’s your plan?”
>”CUTIE MARK HOT PEPPER EATING CONTEST WINNERS!”
>Applejack just smiles, "I gotta take care of some farm work. Anonymous, why don't ya give 'em some o' the ones from breakfast? Y'know. Thooose ones." she says menacingly.
"Ahh, of course. Those ones." You grin having gotten the picture.
>"Which ones? Which ones?" Applebloom asks excitedly.
"Follow me, and I'll show you, girls."

2014-11-06 02:38:50 No. 20513431
>5 minutes later, the CMC are lying on the floor in agony, defeated.
>None of them made it past a single bite of green bell pepper.
>Of course, you told them it was a guatemalan insanity pepper to make it more fun.
>"S-Sweetie Belle..." Scootaloo moans out from the floor.
>"Y-Yes, Scootaloo?"
>"T-Tell Dash... I think she's... the coolest."
"Come on, girls. The list says you already tried hammy acting."
>You pick up their plates and swallow down the remains of the pepper. No sense in letting it go to waste.
>Applebloom struggles to get back on her hooves. "All right, we admit you're worthy to be our rival, but we'll get you next time!"
"How did I go from honorary member to rival?"
>"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SMOKE BOMBS!"
>They rip open a bag of flour and toss it into the air, scattering it around the kitchen and running off.
>It made a mess, but didn't actually get on you. They're certainly adding smoke bombs to the list.
>Looking at the time, you realize it's already past 2:30, and you figure it's a good time to get back to the castle and check in with Twilight now that she's had some rest.
>As you walk away from the farmhouse, you hear AJ yelling in the distance.
>"APPLEBLOOM YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW AND CLEAN UP THIS KITCHEN OR I WILL TAN YOUR HIDE TILL THE COWS COME HOME!"
>You wonder if this was something you were supposed to prevent as a responsible adult.
>Oh well.
>You change back to your pony form for ease of traveling and start heading back.
>But as you're doing that, you think to yourself... Ponyville is really just straight north, isn't it?
>There's no need to take this path, you can just cut through.
>And they say you never have any good ideas.

Everfree Forest, 5:00 PM.

Track: ~Corridor~

>You are so fucking lost.
>As it turns out, the alcohol tolerance of a pony is a lot lower than that of a human.
>After switching forms, it seems your judgement and sense of direction was thrown off a little bit.
>You're probably going to die out here.

2014-11-06 03:34:46 No. 20513635
>Suddenly you hear an eerie noise. You get ready for a fight until you listen more closely and identify the sound.
>Is that… a woman crying?
>You decide to go towards the source of the sound. She’s probably lost, but at least you’ll be lost together.
>You finally locate the source, a mint green unicorn with a lyre cutie mark is curled up and sobbing.
“Hey, are you okay?”
>The mare looks up and wipes the tears from her eyes. “A-Are you really there? D-Did someone really find me out here?”
“Yeah, I got lost on my way home. I’m… new to town.”
>The unicorn sniffles, “I-I’m lost too… and so cold… and so hungry…”
>You approach her to comfort the sobbing mare.
“It’ll be okay, I’m here now. We’ll find our way back together.”
>She smiles, “Thank you… but first… I think I need something to eat.”
“I didn’t bring any food with me.”
>”Oh, didn’t you? Because I think you did!”
>The mint green mare changes form in a flash of green flame and leaps at you!
>Before you can react, you’ve been pinned down by an emaciated looking black and green bug-like alicorn. She bares her fangs and sticks out her tongue.
>”You really are a life saver… nothing personal, but I think I’m going to have to suck you dry now.”
>Her mouth opens wide as you’re too paralyzed with fear to struggle. Yep, looks like you’re gonna die here after all.
>But just as you think she’s about to plunge her fangs into you drink your blood, you hear her confused voice. “What the hell is this?”
>You cautiously open her eyes as she stands over you with her mouth open and tries to inhale deeply.
>Her breath smells like moldy cheese, but other than that you’re unharmed.
>”I can’t eat this… where is it! What did you do?”
“Uh, what did I do? Where’s what?”
>”Your love, idiot! Where’s your love! Any kind of love will do! Eros! Philia! Storge! Agape! Love of surfing! Love of good food! Loving your job!"
"Uhh..."

2014-11-06 04:16:46 No. 20513762
Track: ~Living With Determination~
>”If you said you loved science I’d take it!”
>You’re not really sure how to respond, so she leans down and runs her tongue along your face. It gives you horrible shivers as it feels icy cold.
>”What… oh… oh no. Could it be? Oh, cruel fate…”
>The bug-like pony falls onto her back melodramatically with her hoof on her forehead.
>”I’ve done it. I’ve really done it. I have found the one pony in equestria who is completely unloved and devoid of love for anything else.”
>You feel a little offended that she’s insulting you after trying to eat you and now seems to be trying to get sympathy for it, but you’re still kind of curious to be honest.
>”Come on then, lie down with me. Neither of us are leaving this forest alive, and it isn’t as though you have anything to live for either.”
>You consider leaving her to rot, but you still have some questions, and she’s probably right about you not leaving this forest alive. You’re proper lost.
“So… what are you?”
>”My name is Queen Chrysalis. But I suppose you may simply call me Chrysalis now. I am a changeling. And what of you, Earth pony? I did not believe it possible for a pony in Equestria to be so loveless.”
“Well… I’m not exactly a pony, you see.”
>You remove your necklace and take your human form.
>”Oh? Another shapeshifter?”
“Not my magic. Twilight gave me this necklace.”
>Chrysalis gags at the sound of her name. “That bitch… she dares imitate my own magic after what she did to me? What she did to my people?”
“I think I heard Spike tell me something about changelings invading the country to take it over.”
>Chrysalis seems indignant. “Legitimate attempts at self-preservation. If you cut us off from our food source, of course we will have to take drastic measures. After all, are you saying you would hesitate to step on an anthill to save your life? To save the life of your people?”

2014-11-06 04:29:00 No. 20513781
>You shake your head.
“That’s different. Ponies are sapient.”
>”How utterly naive” Chrysalis scoffs.
>”We do not have the luxury of farming and feeding upon a species which can not understand what is done to it. Sapience is necessary to form the love we need to feed upon. We are not given a choice to be born like this… so why must we be cursed for it?"
>"Why do they permit the existence of monsters which would devour a pony whole if given the chance… but banish us who simply feed upon their love and leave them to live?”
“I… I don’t know.”
>You can’t help but wonder if she was crying to try to lure someone to her… or if you just happened upon her.
>Before you can ask, you hear Chrysalis begin to break out in laughter. “Ahaha! That look on your face… are you actually feeling sorry for us? You really are naive. It amuses us greatly.”
>“Don’t waste your time crying over our broken heart. Don’t you know that insects do not have one?”
>You feel a bit embarrassed, but aren’t sure how to retor, so you just look away indignantly.
>”... South-West is where you need to go.”
“You’re letting me go?”
>”We have no use for something we can not feed upon. Consider it repayment for amusing us as we lay at death's door."
>You turn to leave, but you aren't quite ready yet.
"... what if I want to come see you again?"
>Chrysalis thinks. "I suppose I could use a laugh in my final days. If you really can't help yourself... simply wander into the forest again. I'll make sure you find me."
"My name is Anonymous. I'll be back."
>You really are too curious for your own safety.
"Until next time then, Anonymous."
>!
———————————————

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Personas of the Moon Arcana.

———————————————

>You head southwest and return to Ponyville.

2014-11-06 03:52:29 No. 20519231
>You head southwest and return to Ponyville.

Twilight’s Castle, 6:30 P.M.

>You’ve been walking for hours. When you get back to Ponyville, you head to Twilight’s Castle without a second thought.
>One of the guards tells you Twilight has been looking for you, so you decide to not keep her waiting and meet with her in a part of the library with a strange contraption hooked up to a mirror.
“What’s this thing for?”
>Twilight explains, “This mirror is a portal to another world. The world of humans. I’m not sending you away from Equestria or anything just yet, but I’d really like to just test something.”
>Your initial encounter with Rainbow Dash comes to mind.
“So this is the mirror she wanted to throw me through?”
>”Well, yes… she was convinced that you just accidentally ended up in our world from theirs, and the best thing to do was to send you back home as soon as possible so we could focus on finding Princess Luna.”
“But you don’t agree?”
>Twilight shakes her head. “If you did fall through the portal, I don’t understand why you look like a human instead of a Pony. And it still doesn’t explain why your name and appearance are missing.”
“So what’s this test about?”
>Twilight flips a few switches magically and the mirror turns into a swirling portal.
>”Just a simple little test is all. Just stick your head through it for a couple seconds, and my friends on the other side will tell me what they see.”
“You’ve got friends on the oooother side?”
>”Uh, yes. I’ve got friends on the… other side.”
“She’s got friends ooon the ooother siiiide…”
>”What are you doing?”
“Forget it. Are you sure this is safe?”
>”Perfectly. The theory is rock solid. You should have no trouble at all.”
>You walk up to the portal and stare into it.
“So just a couple seconds through… and then back. And my head won’t get cut off?”
>”Probably not.”
“Probably?”
>”... you’ll be fine.”

2014-11-06 04:26:20 No. 20519640
>You’re really not convinced, but you have to do this to figure out your true self. You figure if someone up there wanted you dead they had their chance earlier today anyway.
>You take a deep breath and try to stick your whole head through the portal.
*CONK*
“Ow! Fucking... grhrhg!”
>You clutch your head in pain after ramming straight into the portal like it was a brick wall.
>”There’s no reason for language like that, Anonymous.”
“I thought you said it was safe!”
>”Well I didn’t think you’d try to ram it!”
“Stupid… hate science.”
>”You fought two giant monsters yesterday and you’re getting like this over a bump on the noggin? You’re not even bleeding, you know.”
“Yeah, well… this caught me off guard.”
>Great, now senpai will never notice you because she thinks you’re a huge baby. She’s not wrong though.
>Twilight is writing into a book attached to the machine, which vibrates after a couple seconds. Twilight looks at it and says, “So they felt a little shake, but they couldn’t see anything. Hold on, let me try.”
>She walks up to the portal and sticks her head through for a few seconds before trotting back.
>”Works fine for me. I’ll tell them we’re done here for now.”
>Twilight writes in the book again, and turns the machine off for now, returning it to its regular appearance as a normal mirror.
“Alright, Purple Smart. What’s your conclusion?”
>Twilight has a seat. “Well, Anon… I think you might be cursed. I don’t know who did it, but… all the signs point to a curse. I’m not sure what world you’re from, but I believe you need to break the curse by discovering your true self, or finding someone who will recognize you.”
“That’s pretty specific… but I kind of believe it. How did you figure all of it out?”
>She looks a little embarrassed. “Well… that’s how it worked in the fairy tale.”
>You look at her blankly.
“Seriously.”

2014-11-06 05:49:06 No. 20520599
>”I-It’s not just any fairy tale though! It’s a really old one from over a thousand years ago!”
>At least it’s something.
“Well… how does it go?”
>”It’s called the Queen of Fools. It says that a long long time ago in a far away land, there was a Mare who wished to become queen more than anything.”
>”One day, a Demon appeared before her and offered her a deal… he offered to make her queen in exchange for her true self.”
>”The Mare accepted, seeing no value in her old life, and the Demon granted her wish.”
>”But the moment she made the trade, the Demon sent her to a far off land.”
>”She tried to tell the people of this land that she was a queen, but nopony would believe her because she could not tell them her name, or the name of her kingdom.”
>”And so she was cursed to wander the world as Queen without a kingdom. The only way to break the curse was to say her own name with certainty.”
>You wait for Twilight to continue, but she just stops and looks at you.
“... So then what?”
>”That’s it. That’s all I could find. I’m sorry… I wish I could be of more help.”
“Don’t worry about that, Twi. It’s a start, I think. I’m sure that what I need to do is to find my true self.”
>“Whoever you are, it has something to do with SIHN. And I have a feeling it’s not over. What happened last night is going to happen again until we figure out what’s causing it.”
“I think you’re right about that. So what’s the plan?”
>”Well… for now, we wait and see if SIHN starts appearing again. If it does, then we go into the dream again and fight off those shadows with our personas. Since magic doesn’t work in dreams, I’m going to start practicing using a weapon to support it. I suggest you do the same.”
>You nod in agreement.
“I’ll think about what I want to use. Anything else?”
>”Actually… I have another present for you.”

2014-11-06 06:11:00 No. 20520824
>Twilight brings out a little wooden box with her magic and floats it into your hands.
>You open the box, and inside you find a pair of big thick coke-bottle glasses.
“What are these for?”
>”Well, last time I used the dream diving spell, I wasn’t able to tell that I was in a dream right away, remember? I thought that could be dangerous if we weren’t able to tell we were in a dream immediately.”
>”So as soon as one of us realizes we’re in a dream, we put on these glasses, and we’ll know immediately that we’re in a dream without question just by looking at each other.”
>Twilight floats up a pair of black glasses for herself. “This is just so you know what they look like. Don’t ever put on your glasses outside of a dream, okay? Spike will be getting some too.”
“I don’t think you have to worry about me wearing mine around town. Why do mine look so silly?”
>She averts her gaze nervously, “... I had to buy you novelty glasses because they’re one size fits all. I didn’t have time to get some tailor made.”
>You sigh, but it’s the best you can hope for, really. It’s not like you have to wear them outside a dream anyway. You pocket the glasses.
“Thanks, Twilight.”
>”So then, tell me how your day in ponyville went.”
>You spend some time talking about your day with Twilight, who listens intently.
>Your encounters with Dash and Chrysalis are conveniently ommitted, but you tell her about Gilda, AJ, and the CMC.
>”It’s good to hear you’re making new friends so quickly.”
“It really surprised me too. I guess they’re just really friendly here.”
>"I think it might be the friendliest place in Equestria!" Twilight says proudly.

Twilight seems to be in a good mood. This would be a good time to ask her something. But what?

Ask about Changelings
Ask about Twilight
Ask about (write-in)

2014-11-06 07:21:23 No. 20521661
“So what should we do if we get in a fight?”
>”Well, my Persona, Snedronningen, is able to use powerful ice magic, as well as some healing magic. But she isn’t very resilient to damage, especially fire attacks. Spike says you’re able to use multiple personas, so I’ll be counting on you to pick ones that can cover my weakness, and I’ll support you as best I can.”
>”As for everything else, Spike has been able to commune with his persona to answer some questions, but it’s still not a lot. I’ll have him forward you a full report on his findings later.”
“Right… oh yeah, this is kind of unrelated but I had a question about something Spike mentioned to me yesterday. Something about these things called Changelings? And Queen Chrysalis? What’s that all about?”
>“I don’t think they’ll be a threat to you any time soon, but if you’re curious I’ll tell you what I know.”
>Twilight spends a lot of time explaining to you the events of the Royal Wedding Invasion, as well as Chrysalis’s attack on ponyville, in which she kidnapped the CMC and tried to steal Twilight’s magic.
>”... but like I said, they’re not any danger now, especially here.”
“Why is that?”
>”After they caused so much trouble for us, my brother and I worked together to develop a Changeling Detection Spell. The spell we invented is simple and unintrusive to cast, and every unicorn guard is required to learn it. I even got to make informational pamphlets about how to tell if your friend or loved one might be a changeling!”
“Aren’t they just trying to eat though? It doesn’t actually hurt or kill the pony, does it?”
>Twilight frowns, “You don’t get it, Anon. They don’t just eat what they need and stop. They want to enslave everypony in equestria and drain all the love inside them until there’s nothing left. You won’t die without love but… your life wouldn’t be something worth living. Changelings can't feel love, so they don't understand."

2014-11-06 08:04:30 No. 20522177
“Yeah, I guess that doesn’t sound fun.”
>”I just don’t want you to get the wrong idea, Anonymous. These things attacked us. I don’t want to be at war with them. It’s nothing personal, it’s just the basics of self-preservation for all of ponykind. If you see a changeling, you should report it immediately. They’re incredibly dangerous. Queen Chrysalis was strong enough to overpower Princess Celestia with just the love from my brother. I don’t want to think what they could accomplish with a serious foothold.”
“I’ll keep that in mind.”
>You say that, but it seemed like Chrysalis could barely overpower a field mouse at the end of your conversation. She wasn’t even holding you down that strongly, you were just surprised.
>But at least you’ve heard the other side of the story.
>”Oh! I almost forgot, I’ve got something else for you.”
>Twilight tosses you a small bag of coins.
>”As a reward for saving the Princess of Friendship, I hereby declare you the recipient of a royal allowance from my personal treasury.”
>Well there’s one problem solved, but still…
“Actually, I was considering getting a job, even if it’s just a part time one. I don’t want to be a total NEET.”
>”A what?”
“I’d feel bad if I wasn’t doing something constructive.”
>”Well I’d be all for that, but… you’re sort of a stranger in a tightly knit town who doesn’t remember anything about who he is or what he’s skilled at.”
>”No offense.”
>She’s got you there.
>You take a second to think to yourself.
>What might be a good job for you?

2014-11-07 09:43:43 No. 20528284
“How about a masseuse?”
>Twilight cocks her head to the side, confused. “A masseuse? How would that even work? You don’t have hooves or a horn, and I doubt you’re better with your hooves than Lotus Blossom, Aloe, or Quake after a day.
>You just laugh.
“Two words, Twi. Opposable thumbs.”
>You wave your fingers at her, but she seems unimpressed.
“You don’t think I could do it?”
>”I’ve had hands before, Anon. I wasn’t really feeling it.”
“Yeah I bet you weren’t, or you would never have gone back.”
>Twilight gives you a smug look. “So you’re saying you can massage a pony better with fingers and no experience than a trained professional can with hooves.”
“I’m saying a lot of things. But if it were that hard they wouldn’t advertise the job on daytime TV.”
>”All right, then prove it.”
“Gladly.
>You’re actually not sure if you really can do this, but this is about your pride now.
>Twilight lays down on a cushion. “It’s not good to keep a princess waiting, Anonymous.” she teases.
“Just relax and leave it to your royal masseuse, your highness.”
>You dive right in before she can psych you out any further, putting your fingertips against the base of her neck and rubbing gently to start with.
>You’re pretty careful to start, making sure to gently rub the muscle instead of the bone.
>Twilight seems to just be smiling as much as she’s ever been, not wanting to make it too easy for you by letting on when she likes it.
>”Well your fingers are pretty soft, I’ll give you that.”
>Time to go a little harder then. You put your hands on her shoulders and begin rubbing behind them with your palms while kneading your thumbs in circles at her inner back. She lets out a deep breath and arches her back a bit in response.
>You keep that up for a bit before reaching your arms down below her front legs, massaging and kneading her chest with your hands.

2014-11-07 10:00:20 No. 20528379
>Twilight shivers slightly. “I guess I needed this more than I thought…”
“So you’re going to admit I’m good at this?”
>”Heh, don’t get ahead of yourself.”
“Uh, Twilight, can you put your wings down? They’re kind of getting in the way.”
>You can’t see too well from behind her, but you think Twilight might be blushing.
>”... you’re not ‘bad’ at it.”
>You’re confused, but hey it’s a step up.
>You decide to avoid her wings for now. They look rather delicate and you’d hate to injure her.
>Instead you decide to run your hands down her sides nice and slow, feeling with the grain of her fine purple fur.
>Your fingertips start to trace over the sides of her flank, and you stop when you notice her shivering again. You decide to start your work down here, and press your palms down against both sides of her flank, working them in circles for about half a second before she suddenly lets out a squeal and jumps back, colliding with you.
>Direct hit to the pride, captain.
>You collapse on the ground as she spins around. You can definitely see she’s blushing hard as she stammers out, “W-What do you think you’re doing back there?”
“YOU HIT ME IN THE JANK WITH YOUR ASS.”
“H-How dare you call it a lady’s rear end an a-ass in front of her! And don’t change the subject! What were you thinking, touching my cutie mark like that? ”
“I was trying to massage your THIGH, crazy horse! Why did you jump up like that?”
>”I… d-do you really need me to spell it out for you?!”
>You really hope Twilight can tell that you’re giving her a death glare right now.
>”Well… a mare is… very sensitive in that spot! I mean a massage is one thing, but you just started going to town like that… you should be more delicate when it comes to a mare’s body.”
“You should be delicate when it comes to mine!”
>Twilight suddenly puts her hooves over her mouth. “Y-You mean I hit you in the… with my… oh. I’m so sorry.”

2014-11-07 10:03:09 No. 20528396
>Twilight shivers slightly. “I guess I needed this more than I thought…”
“So you’re going to admit I’m good at this?”
>”Heh, don’t get ahead of yourself.”
“Uh, Twilight, can you put your wings down? They’re kind of getting in the way.”
>You can’t see too well from behind her, but you think Twilight might be blushing.
>”... you’re not ‘bad’ at it.”
>You’re confused, but hey it’s a step up.
>You decide to avoid her wings for now. They look rather delicate and you’d hate to injure her.
>Instead you decide to run your hands down her sides nice and slow, feeling with the grain of her fine purple fur.
>Your fingertips start to trace over the sides of her flank, and you stop when you notice her shivering again. You decide to start your work down here, and press your palms down against both sides of her flank, working them in circles for about half a second before she suddenly lets out a squeal and jumps back, colliding with you.
>Direct hit to the pride, captain.
>You collapse on the ground as she spins around. You can definitely see she’s blushing hard as she stammers out, “W-What do you think you’re doing back there?”
“YOU HIT ME IN THE JANK WITH YOUR ASS.”
>“H-How dare you call it a lady’s rear end an a-ass in front of her! And don’t change the subject! What were you thinking, touching my cutie mark like that? ”
“I was trying to massage your THIGH, crazy horse! Why did you jump up like that?”
>”I… d-do you really need me to spell it out for you?!”
>You really hope Twilight can tell that you’re giving her a death glare right now.
>”Well… a mare is… very sensitive in that spot! A massage is one thing, but you just started going to town like that… you should be more delicate when it comes to a mare’s body.”
“You should be delicate when it comes to mine!”
>Twilight suddenly puts her hooves over her mouth. “Y-You mean I hit you in the… with my… oh. I’m so sorry.”

2014-11-07 04:30:52 No. 20532180
(Taking it a little slow today. Gotta start getting better sleep.)

>There’s a long silence while you clutch your nads in pain while Twilight tries to think of how to phrase her question.
>”It’s not, um… broken… is it?”
“Please get me the stuff you’re giving to Gilda and then give me 5 times as much.”
>”Should I get a doctor to look at it?”
“Please don’t. I’m still trying to pretend I have some dignity left.”
>Twilight pauses. “If… if it helps, you were right. It did feel pretty good.”
>It does feel good to be right, but you aren’t able to enjoy it as much as you normally would.
“I think I’m going to bed.”
>”Oh! Let me help you with that, it’s the least I can do, and you’re in no condition.”
>Twilight’s horn glows and you appear in the guest bedroom in bright purple flash.
>Surprisingly she actually managed to teleport you onto the bed instead of a pit of leopards.
>See? Your luck is turning around already.
>”Good night… oh! I almost forgot, Spike wanted to see you some time. He wouldn’t tell me why though. He said it was… ‘Real Men Only Stuff’ or something like that.”
“I may no longer qualify.”
>”I’m really really sorry, Anon… I’ll try to make it up to you some time. Get some rest for now.”
>You let out a long, slow, “Fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.” after she’s gone, and wait for the pain to fade before falling asleep.

Wednesday, November 2nd

Twilight’s Castle, 10:00 AM

>You slept in a bit later today, since you didn’t have such urgent matters to discuss as yesterday.
>Still, you decide to pay Spike a visit first thing in the morning just in case.
>When you get to his room, Spike looks excited to see you.
>”Hey big guy, come on in and have a seat! I have a proposition to run by you.”
>You have a seat on his floor, since the furnishings look too small to support your human weight.
“So what’s this about?”

2014-11-07 06:35:23 No. 20533624
>“Well, big guy… ever since I had that run in with my shadow, I’ve been thinking long and thinking hard about what I’m doing with my life and where I’m going. My shadow was totally right about me not being mature enough for Rarity. So I’m going to fix that starting today!”
“Good to hear you’re taking that experience positively. So what’s your plan?”
>”Oh I’ll tell you what my plan is. But first, let me ask you a question. When you walk around ponyville, what is there a distinct lack of?”
“Well I haven’t seen a single Starbucks, but I feel like that’s just a matter of time.”
>”Starbucks? That place that keeps trying to steal Donut Joe’s business in Canterlot?”
>Of all the things you’ve seen and heard since you came here, this is the most frightening of all.
>”Anyway, what I mean is guys. Real hardcore dudes! We’re surrounded by so many mares, it’s no wonder I’m not growing up right. I’m completely devoid of strong male role models.”
>”So I’m starting up a “Guys’ Club.” A place for guys to hang out and do guy stuff together! Have real guy fun! Just guys, no girls allowed.”
“Sounds cool I think. Count me in, little man.”
>Spike pumps his fist in the air. “Awesome! Then I think the best way to initiate you into the Guys’ Club is to stuff you full of protein!”
“Where are you going with this.”
>”I’ll tell you where I’m going. I’m going downtown. With you. To see Gustave le Grand about his meat!”
“Spike I think you may have gotten the wrong idea about me.”
>”What? But I thought humans ate meat.”
“Oh. Yeah that’s fine, tell me more about that.”
>”He’s a Griffon chef that got stuck here after nightmare night because of some passport issues. So his food stand is still open and he’s willing to cook some meat for anyone who wants to order it.”
“Sounds good to me. Let’s do it.”

2014-11-07 06:40:08 No. 20533700
Ponyville, 10:30 A.M.

>You and spike managed to score some ham, bread, and cheese to make sandwiches with.
>Given the price tag, ham sandwiches were probably not the intent of the chef.
>In fact, you realize this isn’t really what either of you intended either. You’re kind of just having really expensive ham sandwiches with Spike for breakfast.
>You found a secluded spot for both of you to have lunch in so you can eat in your human form.
>”This is strange. I don’t feel any manlier. Are you sure we’re doing it right?”
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, little man.”
>You take another bite of your ham sandwich.
“Are you thinking of inviting anyone else to the club? How about Big Mac?”
>Spike rolls his eyes, “Him? I don’t think so. Let’s just say I caught him this one time with Twilight’s old doll and… things have been weird between us ever since.”
>You’re usually pretty curious about new information in this world.
>But not this time. You decide to change the subject.
“The creatures in this world sure have strange diets. Ponies don’t eat meat, changelings don’t eat anything except love...”
>”Yeah, I mean Dragons are supposed to just eat Gems mostly but I’ll eat anything on a plate.”
“There’s not a lot I won’t eat, but I think I draw the line at eating Gems or Love.”
>”You’re missing out, big guy. On Gems, that is. Not love.”
“If you say so, little man.”
>”Well, big guy, it’s been real, and I think we can call the first meeting of the Mens’ Club a success, but I gotta get back to writing that report for Twilight on shadows. You can keep the rest of the food, okay?”
>You nod and wave him goodbye.
>But all this talk of food reminds you of some of the people you met yesterday.
>Gilda might appreciate you smuggling in some ham to her in the hospital…
>But you wonder if Chrysalis really is starving to death like she implied.

Who should you visit?

http://strawpoll.me/2947348

2014-11-08 01:31:30 No. 20545137
>Chrysalis might get insulted if you try to feed her ham instead of love.
>It’s probably better to give it to someone who will appreciate it while it’s fresh.

Ponyville General Hospital, 10:50 A.M.

>Pencil Pusher lets you through again without questioning it.
>Twilight’s name commands a great deal of respect around these parts, so she still trusts you just by association.
>This time, Room 214 is quiet. Dash must feel things are still too rough between her and Gilda to visit again.
>After taking off your necklace, you let yourself in.
>Gilda’s eyes flutter open. Looks like she was sleeping.
>”Hey, fag. Back so soon?”
“Sup, bitch? I thought I’d bring your sorry ass some food.”
>She sniffs the air and looks at the bag you’re holding.
>”Holy shit, did you bring me some real god damn food?”
>Reaching into the bag you pull out some of the ham you bought earlier.
>”Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.”
“Hope she’s hotter than you.”
>”Quit teasing and give me that meat.”
“Yeah, that’s what your sister said.”
>Gilda just smirks and you put the bag next to her good arm.
>She quickly snatches the ham from it, ignoring the bread and cheese entirely.
>Despite her eagerness, she’s savoring the food and taking time to chew it slowly.
>”Swearing and real meat. It’s like I’ve died and you’re my foulmouthed angel.”
“I’m not the one with wings, remember?”
>”If you start calling me angel I WILL get out of this bed and kick your ass.”
“With an attitude like that? In your dreams.”
>She just smiles. "You know, in some places they say that when it comes to romance, you're either a carnivore, or an herbivore."
>"What kind of girl do you like better?"

Carnivore
Herbivore
Are we still talking about food?

2014-11-08 02:33:28 No. 20545997
”I think a carnivore is better.”
>She gives you a smug look, “Do you think saying something like that will make happy?”
“Well then what would you say?”
>She thinks for a moment. “You ought to be more careful, trying to get with carnivores. The moment they think they can do better, they’ll ditch you for an upgrade.”
>”It’s better to find someone who depends on you and can’t live without you. Carnivores are just going to break your heart.”
>Gilda looks to be in deep thought as she remembers something before turning back to face you.
>”But it’s not like I don’t understand where you’re coming from. There’s something attractive about a girl who knows what she wants.”
>”The kind that’ll pin you down and rock your world.”
>”But that’s how you get your heart broken.”
“I guess I’ll have to watch my back around you then.”
>The griffon shakes her head. “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about that.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
>Gilda gives you a playful smile. “You figure it out, dumbass.”
>She seems like she’s had all the personal talk she can handle for today.
>It takes a few hours before you’re asked to leave. You spend that time trading insults and talking about random shit.

Ponyville Town Square, Afternoon

>After walking around town for a bit, you come across a rather elegantly designed building that Spike pointed out earlier as the Carousel Botique.
>You’ve been putting it off, but Rarity did request that you come here as soon as you had time.
>You’re not doing anything right now, so there’s really no putting it off. You decide to see if she’s home.
>After looking around to ensure nopony’s watching, you slip off your necklace and knock on the door.

2014-11-09 02:06:18 No. 20561181
>”Come in!” sings a voice from inside.
>The shop’s bell jingles as you open the door and duck through the doorframe.
>It’s good to see this place at least has decently high ceilings, allowing you to stand tall once you’re inside.
>Inside, Rarity is arranging a rack of dresses with her magic. She looks over her shoulder and turns around beaming.
>”Anonymous! Oh I’m so glad you finally came! I was beginning to worry that you wouldn’t come after all.
“It’s nothing personal, I just had a very busy past couple of days. I’ve been working with Twilight, visiting a SIHN victim in the hospital, and nearly getting eviscerated by Applejack’s grandma.”
>Rarity tuts. “Ever since that terrible business on Nightmare Night it seems everypony’s hustling about like the world is coming to an end. Well, even if it were, that’s no reason not to look your best.”
“Sorry. AJ asked first, or else I might have gone to see you instead.”
>”Well, you’re here now and that’s what matters. Now then, why don’t you take those clothes off so we can get started?”
>Wow, not even an I art thou etcetera etcetera. Looks like ponies can be carnivores too.
>As soon as your black suit comes off, the blue aura of Rarity’s magic surrounds it as she brings it over to the table and spreads it out, analyzing it closely.
>”Hmm, I see. So the stitching on the sleeves goes at the shoulder like so… and the seam is…”
>She mutters to herself while levitating out a length of measuring tape and takes note of every detail.
>”I’m so sorry I couldn’t have something ready for you to wear out the store, but you must realize this is the first time I’ve ever seen a human, much less made clothes for one. Shirt and pants off now, darling.”
>You feel quite chilly once they’re off. You wrap your arms around your body for warmth before Rarity notices your discomfort.
>“Oh, I see! I didn’t realize you were hairless like that, poor dear.”

2014-11-09 02:07:58 No. 20561201
>A thick wool blanket magically wraps around you for warmth.
>”Better?” she asks.
“Yeah, thank you.”
>Rarity chats with you lightly while she continues her measuring.
>Sweetie Belle apparently spoke quite highly of you to Rarity, and told her all about you, including your entrance as an honorary member of the CMC.
>She smiles while talking about her sister, but still seems to be a little bothered by something. It takes her a few seconds to ask.
>”... so have you… seen my dear spikey-wikey lately? Is… is he going to be all right?”
>It takes a second to register who she’s talking about.
“Oh, Spike? Yeah he’s fine. He made a full recovery and it won’t be affecting him again. Why do you ask?”
>Rarity sounds surprised. “A full recovery you say? But… then why did Twilight turn me away when I tried to visit him? She… she said, ‘He might not be ready to see you just yet.’ but then when will he be ready?”
>The marshmallow colored pony has stopped her measuring.
>”... or is it something I did? Something I said? Does he not wish to see me?”
“I don’t think you did anything wrong, Rarity. But I can understand why Twilight said that.”
>The pictures of Rarity in Spike’s dream flash through your mind, as well as all the things Spike’s shadow said about Rarity.
“Spike is… he’s an amazing little man, you know. He’s strong. Stronger than a lot of people around here seem to give him credit for. Stronger than he thinks he is too.”
“I know he definitely wants to see you again. But SIHN did affect him in some major ways. I think he does need a little time to adjust. He’s pretty much trying to re-invent himself.”
>Rarity still seems concerned. “Call it woman’s intuition or just paranoia, but it seems to me that SIHN is far more than just an unexpected nap. Is Twilight not telling me something?”

2014-11-09 02:19:55 No. 20561359
>You feel a little guilty having to keep it from Rarity when she’s worried so much, but Twilight and the other princesses agreed to keep it quiet. Still, you feel like you have to give her something.
“It’s… for some of the victims, it’s like having the worst nightmare you’ve ever had. The kind that feels real. It sticks with you and won’t leave your mind even after you’ve woken up. All things considered, our little man is doing an amazing job facing his.”
>”I… I didn’t poor spikey-wikey was going through something like that… what should I do? What should I give him? What does he need?”
>Rubbing the back of your head in thought, you consider what she could do to help.
“Well… I think what he needs right now is respect. But if you want to show him you care, maybe you could give him a gift. I don’t want to ask too much of you, but… I was thinking, could you make a necktie for him like the one I have?”
>The white and purple pony raises the necktie with magic and glances at it. “Hah! Darling, who on earth do you think I am? I am Rarity, the greatest young fashionista of our era! I shall have it ready by monday.”
“I think he’ll really like it. Maybe you could personalize it a bit more too. Could you work a symbol onto it that looks something like this?”
>You take one of her pens and sketch out a symbol.
“It’s a tradition in my world to wear clothing with things from our favorite Japanese animes. It means man.”
>”Darling, I haven’t the faintest idea what any of that meant, but I LOVE it!”
“Good, I think he’ll like it too, especially if you’re the one who makes it.”
>Rarity seems to be wildly enthused at the idea of making Spike a present. You get the feeling she really does care for the little guy in her own way. Still…
“... uh, one other thing.”
>She looks up, “Why yes, what is it?”
“Maybe you should drop the nickname and see how he reacts next time. Just at thought."

2014-11-09 02:47:09 No. 20561862
>Rarity seemed puzzled for a moment, but shakes away her doubts before replying, “Yes, of course dear. I’ll do just that.”
“Sorry if I’m intruding a bit. I know we just met and everything.”
>She just smiles, “I don’t mind in the least, dear. Even though we just met I feel… close to you. I feel as though I can trust you as you’re my own brother.”
>!
—————————————————————

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Personas of the Star Arcana.

—————————————————————

“Brother, huh? In that case let me show you how to write Onii-chan on mine.”
>She looks at you curiously. “O-Onii-chan?”
>The adorably demure way she says it to you hits you like a brick through the heart as you fly back dramatically.
“K-Kawaii…”
>”... Darling are you sure we’re speaking the same language?”
>You try to straighten up your tie nervously, but since you took it off you’re just kind of straightening your throat.
“It’s nothing, forget about it.”
>Rarity just giggles playfully. “You’re quite an entertaining fellow. Anyway, I believe I have all the measurements I need, so you can put your clothes back on if you like. Still, I’d hate to see you walk out of here empty handed… is there anything I could interest you in? A… hat, perhaps?”
>Looking at some of the hats on display, one in particular catches your eye. A gray striped fedora with a black band sitting on a rack.
>It fits on your head perfectly, you find.
“This works.”
>The marshmallow horse grimaces, “I… do have other hats, you know. Perhaps you’d like to look around more?”
“Nah, this one’s perfect. Is it expensive? I’ve got some bits, how much do you need for it?”

2014-11-09 02:51:13 No. 20561937
>”N-No, I don’t believe I will require compensation if you wish to take that particular hat off my hooves. I mean, it’s yours if you want it but are you sure that your style doesn’t call for something more… stylish?”
“I dunno what you mean, the Fedora is timeless.”
>”You don’t want something more modern? Like perhaps a newsboy cap…” she mutters that last part under her breath.
“It’s the traditional hat of my people. I shall wear it proudly. Thank you, Rarity.”
>”Heh, such interesting culture you come from. It’s as they say… there’s no accounting for taste.” she mutters again.
“Thanks for the hat, Rarity. I’m heading back home.”
>”Of course. Take care, and please come back soon. Very soon.”
>If you didn’t know better, you’d think Rarity was desperate to convince you to wear something else. Anything else.
>But you do know better because fedoras are super cool.
>You lean down and give her a tip of your hat to say goodbye, then head straight home.

2014-11-10 12:01:53 No. 20571550
>Twilight’s Castle, Evening
>Since you’re back a little bit early, you decide to take a little side trip while you have time.
>You’re not entirely sure if time actually passes there anyway though…

>Velvet Room, Evening
>Taking your usual seat, Igor welcomes you.
>”Welcome back to the Velvet Room.”
>His alicorn assistant levitates a book open with a golden glow and holds it open as she begins to comment on your latest endeavors.
>”You have been quite busy since we last saw you. You have formed a great deal of new bonds between others.”
>”Priestess… Chariot… Lovers… Strength… Emperor… Moon… Each one of these shall grant you a new aspect of your self.”
>Igor adds, “The more you nurture these bonds you form, the greater the power they shall grant you.”
>”Now then, allow me to perform a reading to help guide you along your way… Draw three cards, and I shall read your past, present, and future.”
>Igor offers you a deck, from which you take the top three cards and place them on the table.
>With a wave of his hand, Igor flips the first one, revealing a card numbered XXI.
>”Ah, the upright card of The World is in your past.”
>”I believe you might recall that we said you had desired to journey to this world… this card represents the completion of that journey and the accomplishment of a goal.”
>”You may believe now that it is a curse… but your loss of self was one of the steps necessary for this journey. Without it, you would not have been able to move forward.”
>Igor reveals the second card, an upside-down card depicting a lantern.
>”The Hermit reversed… someone in your story is alone without the guidance of others and they suffer for it.”
>”You have witnessed before how quickly a heart can turn on itself. Without others, this one’s heart is falling into darkness quickly.”
>”Now then, let us see what your future holds.”

2014-11-10 12:25:17 No. 20571878
>Igor flips up the last card. A skeleton with a scythe, upside down.
>”The Death reversed… there is an obstacle in your future that will prevent a necessary change.”
>”You would do well to identify this obstacle, for the cycle of death is necessary for all things.”
>”And take equally that you do not become this obstacle… if you attempt to interfere with the natural order of things, an irreversible tragedy may occur.”
>”Alas, that is all the cards can tell me today.”
>”You are one who has the power to change… but you must not forget the agreement you made to be held responsible for the choices you make.”
>Elizabeth speaks up again. “Before you leave, we must discuss an issue which has arose with your power.”
>The Alicorn flips through the pages of her book. “Five new Personas have appeared in the compendium. Pythia of the Priestess Arcana… Glashtyn of the Lovers Arcana… Enkidu of the Strength Arcana... d’Artagan of the Emperor Arcana… and Dracula of the Moon Arcana.”
>”However…” continues Elizabeth. “It seems that the true form of the Chariot and Star Persona have yet to reveal themselves. Perhaps it is simply the natural indecisiveness of your personality.”
>”To remedy this, you should spend some time thinking about the true form of these two, and they shall reveal themselves soon enough.”
>Elizabeth gives you a sly smile. “You’ll think of a cool one for me, won’t you?”
>Igor speaks up again. “And with that, we wish you luck until we meet again.”

Twilight’s Castle Library, Evening

>You’re not entirely sure why you never seem to say anything when you’re in the Velvet Room.
>Perhaps it’s because you know in there that it is more important to listen.

(In case it wasn't obvious, will now be soliciting suggestions for the Star and Chariot SL personas.)

2014-11-10 11:38:19 No. 20586003
>Once again, you find Twilight buried in books.
>She sweeps them off the the side as you arrive. “Welcome back, Anon! I love your hat.” she motions to your spiffy new Fedora.
“Thanks, Twi. Rarity let me have it for free.”
>”I should have guessed. It makes you look cool!”
>You tip your fedora at Twilight, and she giggles a bit, clapping her hooves together.
>”Anyway, about your job… I actually talked to Lotus and Aloe today down at the Spa, but… it was kind of difficult to explain the whole deal with you being human so I couldn’t exactly get you anything.”
>”Even if I could explain it to them, there’d still be the matter of your customers wanting to know what’s going on.”
“I’ve been using my human form with most of the people I’ve met. They don’t seem to mind so much.”
>Twilight shakes her head. “Even if it’s fine with them, I’m trying to think of the right way to introduce you to the whole town. To even make your existence public in equestria.”
“Can’t you just be honest?”
>Twilight sighs. “Ponyville is pretty friendly, but right now everypony is a little scared and confused about SIHN. It’s a strange disease nopony has ever heard of that came out of nowhere and affected a lot of ponies.”
>”If some mysterious creature from another world who claims to have amnesia just happens to show up the exact same night… people are going to wonder if they’re connected. They wouldn’t be able to trust you.”
“Your word seems to carry a lot of weight with the ponies in town. Couldn’t you just tell them I’m legit?”
>”Whether you’re legit or not, people are already suspicious of the official explanation for SIHN I’ve put out. I mean… it is a lie after all. Stress is just a convenient excuse Princess Luna helped me come up with. We have no idea what caused it, and unless we figure that out, it’s pretty likely it’ll happen again.

2014-11-10 11:40:42 No. 20586039
>The purple alicorn falls back onto a cushion.
>”I’m the wielder of the Element of Magic, and the Princess of Friendship. Ponies are counting on me, and I have no idea what’s causing this.”
“It sounds like you’re expecting too much of yourself, Twi. This is something nobody knows the truth about… but we CAN find it out. And we will. You just have to be patient. No one can rightfully blame you for being unable to solve this in a few days.”
>Twilight looks up at you sadly. “I know… but I still feel like that’s not good enough.”
>There’s a moment of silence as you try to think of a new way to approach this.
“Okay, how’s this. You weren’t always a princess, right, Twi?”
>She shakes her head. “It hasn’t even been a full year.”
“And has your town ever had a major problem that affected a lot of ponies?”
>”It’s practically a weekly occurrence, Anonymous.”
“And every week, was everypony constantly asking “Why hasn’t a Princess come to solve all our problems for us?” or did they learn to deal with them on their own?”
>Twilight looks completely caught off guard, and doesn’t respond.
“The ponies in this town are tough. That much I can tell. They’ll get through this. You need to focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t do.”
>Her expression softens as she shakes her head and smiles. “You’re… absolutely right. I was feeling so helpless that I started imagining everyone else was too.”
>”Thanks for bringing me to my senses, Anon.”

2014-11-10 11:42:04 No. 20586062
>She turns a lovely shade of beet red as she tries to hide her face in her hooves.
>”... that’s it, it’s lesson time. And you better not think you’re skipping out early. Like my mother always said to my brother, in school, working, or on the streets. Pick one.”
>Sounds kind of harsh, but you can tell she’s serious. You take a seat on a pillow and settle in for your first lesson.
“Let’s get to it then.”
>Twilight levitates an enormous book out from a nearby pile at least 800 pages thick.
>”Here we go. An Abridged History of Equestria. Volume One.”
>You may not have been properly prepared for this.

Several hours later

>It’s really annoying the way Twilight can tell that you’re sleeping even though you don’t have eyes.
>For an Abridged history it’s pretty damn exhaustive.
>Still, she manages to at least get to some relevant parts regarding the reign of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.
>At least it’s more descriptive than Spike’s “abridged” abridged history of Equestria.
>Whether or not it’s better is up for debate when you’re not exhausted.
>You’re only saved from this neverending lecture thanks to an Owl roosting on her book until she gets the message.
>”All right, Owlowiscious. We’ll go to bed. Sorry, Anon. Looks like we have to leave off at the fun part.”
“Yeah… too bad…”
>Twilight has the best god damn assistants in the world.
>”We’ll pick up tomorrow, okay? I hope you can wait until then!” she says cheerfully before trotting off to her bedroom.
>It's late and you're too exhausted to do anything else. You decide to head straight for bed.

2014-11-11 03:02:22 No. 20587932
>>20586039

>The purple alicorn falls back onto a cushion.
>”I’m the wielder of the Element of Magic, and the Princess of Friendship. Ponies are counting on me, and I have no idea what’s causing this.”
“It sounds like you’re expecting too much of yourself, Twi. This is something nobody knows the truth about… but we CAN find it out. And we will. You just have to be patient. No one can rightfully blame you for being unable to solve this in a few days.”
>Twilight looks up at you sadly. “I know… but I still feel like that’s not good enough.”
>There’s a moment of silence as you try to think of a new way to approach this.
“Okay, how’s this. You weren’t always a princess, right, Twi?”
>She shakes her head. “It hasn’t even been a full year.”
“And has your town ever had a major problem that affected a lot of ponies?”
>”It’s practically a weekly occurrence, Anonymous.”
“And every week, was everypony constantly asking “Why hasn’t a Princess come to solve all our problems for us?” or did they learn to deal with them on their own?”
>Twilight looks completely caught off guard, and doesn’t respond.
“The ponies in this town are tough. That much I can tell. They’ll get through this. You need to focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t do.”
>Her expression softens as she shakes her head and smiles. “You’re… absolutely right. I was feeling so helpless that I started imagining everyone else was too.”
>”Thanks for bringing me to my senses, Anon.”
“Don’t worry about it, Twi. We’re friends, right?”
>”You bet! And I know now that the best way for me to prepare is to start preparing you!”
“Preparing me for what now?”

2014-11-11 03:05:24 No. 20587956
>>20586062

>”Well if we want you to be accepted in Equestrian society, you’ve got a lot to learn. Especially when it comes to… culture.”
“I won’t be touching anyone else’s ass.”
>Twilight blushes wildly, “D-Don’t call it that! There’s another thing! Language! There are laws about what kind of words you can use in public places and around foals, and this happens to be a library!”
“Then why are you yelling?”
>She turns a lovely shade of beet red as she tries to hide her face in her hooves.
>”... that’s it, it’s lesson time. And you better not think you’re skipping out early. Like my mother always said to my brother, in school, working, or on the streets. Pick one.”
>Sounds kind of harsh, but you can tell she’s serious. You take a seat on a pillow and settle in for your first lesson.
“Let’s get to it then.”
>Twilight levitates an enormous book out from a nearby pile at least 800 pages thick.
>”Here we go. An Abridged History of Equestria. Volume One.”
>You may not have been properly prepared for this.

Several hours later

>It’s really annoying the way Twilight can tell that you’re sleeping even though you don’t have eyes.
>For an Abridged history it’s pretty damn exhaustive.
>Still, she manages to at least get to some relevant parts regarding the reign of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.
>At least it’s more descriptive than Spike’s “abridged” abridged history of Equestria.
>Whether or not it’s better is up for debate when you’re not exhausted.
>You’re only saved from this neverending lecture thanks to an Owl roosting on her book until she gets the message.
>”All right, Owlowiscious. We’ll go to bed. Sorry, Anon. Looks like we have to leave off at the fun part.”
“Yeah… too bad…”
>Twilight has the best god damn assistants in the world.
>”We’ll pick up tomorrow, okay? I hope you can wait until then!” she says cheerfully before trotting off to her bedroom.

2014-11-11 07:40:04 No. 20597264
>It’s very late. You’re too exhausted to do anything but go straight to bed.

Thursday, November 3rd
Twilight’s Castle, Morning

>It’s late morning, and you wake up feeling hungry.
>Yesterday’s breakfast was good, but it seems a bit pricey to be getting every morning.
>There was a burger joint you passed by called Hayburger.
>Since it looked pretty cheap and it’s not too far, you decide to check it out today.

Hayburger, Morning

>Inside the fast food joint, you place an order for a #1. Their signature burger, plus a drink and fries.
>When you go to take a seat to wait for your order, you notice a familiar face at one of the tables.
>Rainbow Dash is sitting by the window, looking forlorn as she stares up at the morning sky and waits for her food.
>Recalling Igor’s words about the dangers of being alone with one’s thoughts, you decide to take this opportunity to speak to her.
“Is this seat taken?”
>Dash glances at you. “Oh, hey Anon. Go right ahead. Don’t mind me.”
>As you take the seat opposite hers, she doesn’t seem too interested in you, continuing to stare out at the sky.
“Nice day out.”
>”I wish it weren’t. If there were some clouds to clear up I’d at least have some work, but now I’m stuck with this stupid sunny day that I can’t enjoy!”
“Why can’t you enjoy it?”
>She looks at you like you’re an idiot, which you probably are.
“Because… you’re worried about Gilda?
>”No, I mean… I still am worried about her, but it’s because of that stupid SIHN stuff. It could hit me any time I’m flying, so they’re telling me I can’t fly unless it’s for work? They can’t just do that! That’s like a violation of pony rights!”
“It’s dumb, but they’re right that you could get hurt. Did you talk to Twilight about it?”
>Dash sighs and leans back in her seat. “She told me I just had to bear with it until everything was figured out, and that she’d let me know as soon as it was safe.

2014-11-11 07:43:24 No. 20597310
>She seems a little guilty as she continues, “...I told her I couldn’t just wait like that, and she started lecturing me about how it could put my future career at risk, and that if I got hurt it could ruin my chances of ever getting into the wonderbolts.”
“The whatnow?”
>”Seriously? You really must have brain damage if you can’t remember who the Wonderbolts are.”
“Amnesia. And my history of Equestria is pretty spotty when it comes to anything after the last millenium because Twi thought it was important to start from the beginning.”
>”Yeah, that’s Twilight for you. But seriously, the Wonderbolts? Best stunt flying team in all of Equestria? The greatest fliers of all time have all been part of the Wonderbolts. Well, almost all of them. Since the greatest flier of all time is me, and I’m not a member yet.”
“It must be pretty difficult to get in then. Surely they must have heard of you considering everything you and your friends have been through, right?”
>”Of course they’ve heard of me! I was at the top of my class in the Wonderbolt Academy and got a perfect score on the entrance exam for the new Wonderbolt Reserve Team. I’m just… not a full member yet. It’s not that easy.”
“Sorry. I didn’t mean to imply that, I just didn’t know.”
>”Yeah, it’s fine…”
>She looks over as a unicorn trots over and floats your orders on to the table.
>Seems like you ordered the same thing. Except Dash ordered it three times.
>”Oh right… I probably shouldn’t have asked for my usual since I won’t be flying today. Oh well.”
>While you begin to eat your food, you keep one eye on Dash to see that you’re doing it properly.
>Hooves are difficult.
>All things considered, fried hay patties are pretty tasty. Though you’re not sure if that would change if you tried to eat it as a human.

2014-11-11 08:10:05 No. 20597715
>Despite her large order, Dash seems to be eating pretty slowly. Halfway through her burger she starts up conversation again.
>”So… how was Gilda?”
“She’s a lot different from most of the ponies I’ve met. I don’t think she’s that bad, but I could see others not really getting along with her personality.”
>”Did she… ever talk about me?”
>You pause, thinking how to respond.
“... I’m not sure.”
>”What do you mean by that?”
“It depends, what exactly were you and her? What went on between you two?”
>Dash freezes up.
>”... what did she say?”
“I don’t know… nothing I guess.”
>”Well then there’s your answer, isn’t it?”
>”Nothing happened. We weren’t anything but friends.”
>”And now we’re not even that anymore.”
“Dash, that’s not-”
>”It’s not really any of your business, right? I’m done eating, you can have the rest.”
>Before you can even get in another word, Dash takes off flying, leaving a rainbow trail out of the Hayburger.
>Even if you wanted to, you couldn't catch up to her at that speed. You're left to finish your meal alone.
>After polishing off a couple hayburgers, you're still left with one you can't eat.
>Figuring something may be better than nothing, you decide to take it with you and visit Chrysalis again.

2014-11-12 06:10:36 No. 20609476
Everfree Forest, Afternoon

>After stumbling around the forest for half an hour, you’re beginning to wonder if you should have planned this out.
>All you remember was that you needed to head northeast into the forest, but everything starts to look the same, and without much sunlight coming through the trees, it’s difficult to tell if you’re still heading in the right direction.
>Still, she seemed confident when she said she would “Make sure you found her.”
>While you’re pondering what kind of magic she might be using to do that, or if she’s even capable of something like that in her state, you’re startled by the sudden appearance of a pair of green eyes in the darkness.
>The blackish tone of her chitinous hide seems to provide a natural camouflage for her. Must be why she feels safe staying where she is.
>That combined with her utter stillness made you sure that she was nothing more than the shadow of a tree.
>”Welcome back…” she greets you with a dark smile.
“I almost didn’t see you there…”
>Her eyes are drawn to the still wrapped hayburger you’ve been squishing in your hand for the last 30 minutes.
“I don’t know much about changelings, but I figured I’d see if you wanted this. Can you eat it?”
>She thinks for a moment. “Bring it to me.”
>After unwrapping it, you hold the hay burger up for her to let her consider if the meal is suitable.
>She sniffs it once and takes a small bite.
>The changeling chews it a couple times and swallows, letting it sit in her stomach for a moment before going in for a large bite.
>This time you barely see her chew before she gulps it down and takes another big bite out of it, quickly inhaling the rest of the burger as you try to hold it carefully so you don’t lose a finger.
“So it was good then?”
>She shakes her head. “Alas, it merely tastes of ash to my mouth. As does all other food.”
“Ugh… so regular food just tastes like ash to changelings? Then… why did you eat it all?”

2014-11-12 06:17:50 No. 20609594
>Chrysalis gives you a proud glare. “I may have lost my status as a queen… but I still have my honor. It would be rude to refuse a gift given in good faith. Besides, it is not as though I gain absolutely nothing from eating it.”
“So you can eat it? I’m sorry, I don’t really know much. Why is it that you need to eat love if you can eat other stuff? Is it just the taste?”
>”If you wish to try to understand… imagine it as though love contains a certain… nutrient that our body lacks. So long as we have it, we may ignore our other needs. We need not food nor drink nor sleep.”
>”If I have fully gorged upon true love, I am invincible and truly immortal. In time even my legs would heal.”
>”But if my stomach is empty of love… then I could dine on cake and brandy all the day and it would make no difference. I will eventually starve for lack of love. And I am going to die.”
“You’ve really given up on trying to save yourself then?”
>”I had enough energy left for one final trap. I made up my mind then that I would leave it to fate. Once chance to see if I would live or die. Unless you mean to lure another out here for sacrifice so that I may devour their love to live another day?”
“I… no, not really.”
>”Don’t lose sleep over it. Even if you were to betray the world for me, I do not even have the energy to feed on another. If it helps you to understand, it is as though my teeth lack the strength to chew, and my throat lacks the strength to swallow.”
“So what happened to the other changelings?”
>”... I made a mistake, to put it simply. I miscalculated the priority of the needs of others as opposed to my own… and I paid dearly for it. I am queen no longer.”
“Can I ask you something about what Twilight told me?”
>Chrysalis weakly rolls her eyes at that name. “Be my guest.”

2014-11-12 06:22:31 No. 20609687
“She was telling me about how you kidnapped her Brother’s fiancee, and those foals, and all that stuff you’ve done with her. She told me you intended to rule all of Equestria. Seems kinda different from what you’d been saying.”
>”Is that so? And tell me, who do you believe is telling the truth in that case?”
“... I wouldn’t have come back here if I thought everything she said was accurate, but it’s not like she has a reason to lie to me. So I think you’re both telling the truth in your own way.”
>”Well reasoned, for an outsider. Or perhaps it is because you are an outsider that you are able to see things more clearly.”
“You two also said the exact same thing. That what you were doing was self-preservation.”
>Her face looks even more twisted than when she was eating an ash-flavored burger. “The same as her… please, never say that again.”
“If you’re just trying to do self-preservation, then why try to rule them? Why go so far?”
>”Because while we can not live without them… they can comfortably live without us. So the choice is down to our enslavement of them, or their genocide of us. Which would you prefer there?”
“It can’t really be that black and white. Isn’t there another way?”
>Chrysalis sighs mournfully. “In the past, there was a balance. Our numbers were fewer. We lived among them in secret, impersonating their loved ones and leaching away their love, striking in silence and vanishing before we could be detected.”
>”For many years this was the status quo. We were myths, legends, boogeymen which could not truly be said to exist with certainty.”
>”But as our numbers rose, our attacks became more frequent. Victims began to take notice.”
>”To return to how things were, some of us began to feed more heavily in their attacks. They left their victims drier and drier until some began to cross a line that should never have been crossed.”
“How did they do that?”

2014-11-12 06:36:42 No. 20609896
>>20609687
>Chrysalis sighs mournfully. “In the past, there was a balance. Our numbers were fewer. We lived among them in secret, impersonating their loved ones and leaching away their love, striking in silence and vanishing before we could be detected.”
>”For many years this was the status quo. We were myths, legends, boogeymen which could not truly be said to exist with certainty.”
>”But as our numbers rose, our attacks became more frequent. Victims began to take notice.”
>”To return to how things were, some of us began to feed more heavily in their attacks. They left their victims drier and drier until some began to cross a line that should never have been crossed.”
“How did they do that?”
>Chrysalis smiles and licks her lips. “Imagine the love inside you, well not “you” you, but imagine it as a delectable ice cream sundae with a fresh red cherry on top.
>”The more of the ice cream we eat, the worse off our victims are. But so long as the cherry remains, it can simply be refilled with more scoops as they recover.”
>“But if we eat that “cherry”... they will never recover. Never be able to love again.”
>”So when a few fools began to eat cherries… that was the moment our existence ceased to be tolerated. We were driven from the land.
>”It was at that moment that I had to take my role as Queen, to lead them through those dark times and ensure our survival. I forbade them to eat “cherries” without my own permission.

2014-11-12 06:46:59 No. 20610039
>To devour them at will and let their hunger go unchecked would be unsustainable.”
“So when you planned on ruling them, you would turn things back to the way they were?”
>”Of course not. Did you not just hear about how it failed? No... I planned to let them have all the ice cream they wished. And turn Equestria into a beautiful little land of bare cherries.”
“That doesn’t really sound fair.”
>”It didn’t have to be. It became them or us, and now it simply has to be us, since you turned out to be less of a sundae and more of a hat filled with dirt and a golf ball.”
”If I wasn’t though, are you saying you would have taken my “cherry”?”
>Chrysalis looks at you seriously.
>”I would have licked. You. Clean.”
>It gives you chills the way she turned that around on you.
>”You know, I suppose it might have been more accurate to think of it as the ice cream cone, but it’s really more like a cherry. Small, sweet, juicy, and the absolute best part.”
“I should go.”
>Chrysalis chuckles, seemingly amused by your cowardice. “Yes, I daresay you’ve made me hungry enough for a single day. But I did enjoy your presence. Perhaps it would be good to reminisce with you another time.”
“... we’ll see.”
>”Farewell then.”
>With that, you leave to the southwest and head back into town. The sun is already setting by the time you get there.

Twilight's Castle, Evening

>Twilight wanted to study with you again.
>You'll probably have a little time to talk to her tonight before you start.
>Is there anything in particular you want to try to talk to her about tonight?
api | contact | donate | 0.127s | 6